Remembering Memorial Day

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Remembering Memorial Day

Post by Mike N »

Thank you to all ORCA veterans for their service to our country: the land of the free because of the brave.

I plan to visit my parents’ and relatives’ graves at the local cemetery and honor my father (US Army Retired, combat wounded Purple Heart), my Uncle Raymond (KIA Normandy), my Uncle Bill (USAF Retired, flew an incredible 48 combat missions WWII), and my Uncle Stanley, Uncle Walter and Uncle Albert — all of whom saw combat. Also, thank you to my Uncle Don who served in Korea and my cousin Bobby and brother in law George who served in Vietnam.

Here is a link to my Uncle Bill’s Air Force career:

https://airandspace.si.edu/support/wall ... y-usaf-ret

God bless America. Please post about your own service and friends and family who served. I love reading about it,

Mike N
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Re: Remembering Memorial Day

Post by RAM »

Here's to the memory of your family's history of service. Outstanding, Mike!

My Dad was a radarman on a troop ship WWII. Survived intact. Just missed by two Japanese torpedoes. Left us in 1989. Still have the ship history and some souvenirs he brought me from faraway places and a thousand memories of being together on rivers and creeks. Thanks to all the sacrifices by brave men and women.

Bob