Williams Handle Drag

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Wayne B.
Super Board Poster

Williams Handle Drag

Post by Wayne B. »

I bought a reel recently just to get the Williams drag handle which also had its old maroon Pflueger box. I was hoping to marry this Williams with one of nice older Pflueger saltwater reels that I intend to keep. But it didn't fit either of the reels I wanted to put it on.

The box says it is a 2502, size 1/4. Anyone have a cross reference telling me what reels this may work on?

By the way, I am selling many of my Pflueger Saltwater reels to make room to display my freshwater collection. Down sized recently and this is the result. Many are already on ebay but some are not. Just let me know if there is any interest before I start my second ebay attack next week.
Wayne Benson
ORCA Member, 2009
Waynesreelcollectibles.weebly.com
spadej1
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Williams Handle Drag

Post by spadej1 »

Wayne, if you have any other Oceanic’s available I might be interested. Condition isn’t so important if the price is right. PM me if you have anything or if you have something different from what you have on Ebay.
-James-
New to reel collecting so bear with me please. I like reel deals!
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Wayne, Remind me....what's your ebay moniker???
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
Wayne B.
Super Board Poster

Post by Wayne B. »

Bes4264
Wayne Benson
ORCA Member, 2009
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

Wayne, I don't recall seeing any factory paperwork or collector research with a cross reference for reel models that the different size handle nuts fit. I recall seeing 1/4" and 5/16" for the two versions, double knob and counter-balanced. I think it's possible that someone could have paired the box and handle together without realizing if it's the actual correct box. Collectors have been known to fill empty boxes :D
Aloha
Brian F.
_________

ORCA Member 1997
Got a spare reel stamped "Pflueger" or a Montague Imperial?
"Caution, objects in reel view mirror are older than they appear."
m3040c
Ultra Board Poster

Post by m3040c »

Hello Wayne,

The Williams handle would fit many reel makes. The handle mounting is a simple common square drive in two different sizes. I would think reel in the 500 yard category would be the 5/16 inch and more standard reels would be the 1/4 inch. That square drive is used for many different makes. A list to cross reference would be massive, I would think.

Here is the paperwork that belongs in that old maroon box you have.

mike cass,,, if you can't collect it, it must be food
Wayne B.
Super Board Poster

Post by Wayne B. »

Thanks Mike.
Wayne Benson
ORCA Member, 2009