LOU EPPINGER NO TANGLE FREE SPOOL

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
jim noether
Big ORCA Fan

LOU EPPINGER NO TANGLE FREE SPOOL

Post by jim noether »

i picked up a LOU EPPINGER NO TANGLE FREE SPOOL reel on EBAY and wanted to clean it. tool it apart and parts went flying. a metal spring band that i can't see where it goes. been collecting for a long time and have taken many types of reels apart and cleaned and put back together. but this one is very different inside. do not know how it works. no knobs to adjust for drag or any thing else. does any one have a diagram on how to reassembly this reel, or have any info on how it works? thanks.. JIM
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Re: LOU EPPINGER NO TANGLE FREE SPOOL

Post by Paul M »

Jim:
There is an Eppinger Notangle flyer in the ORCA library with an illustration of how the spring bands sit inside. Ask the librarian for ORCA Library item #0640 Eppinger 1932-1933.pdf
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
Bill Sonnett
Super Board Poster

Re: LOU EPPINGER NO TANGLE FREE SPOOL

Post by Bill Sonnett »

My personal experience tells me you never try to clean a Lou Eppinger No Tangle reel more than once in your lifetime---LOL
I love to get old reels, work on them until they run as smooth as silk and the take them fishing using pre-1960 plugs, mostly surface fishing for Largemouths after dark.