Shakespeare 1975 DH help

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Rayray
Big ORCA Fan

Shakespeare 1975 DH help

Post by Rayray »

Nice site you guys have here! I was given a Shakespeare 1975 model DH in fair condition, well used to be more accurate. Unfortunately the reel needs a few replacement parts due to wear and possibly lost parts. I have searched the web for schematics and find nothing, any one here have a parts break down or know where to find one? I did find a site that carries lots of vintage reel parts but listed as part numbers only. Any info from you guys would be appreciated! Thanks
john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: Shakespeare 1975 DH help

Post by john elder »

Welcome! Your best best is to pick up a parts reel or three off eBay to get your parts. There may be someone with a schematic but it’s not routine to get one as part of the reel purchase of these early reels. Let’s see what shows up!
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
jimbofish
Advanced Board Poster

Post by jimbofish »

I happen to have an original schematic in my hand right now. I can scan it but not until tomorrow morning, as I'm not at the scanner tonight. If you know the name of the parts you need, I can post the part numbers right now.
That is, unless someone else posts it in the meantime.
"We'll take the car and drive all night. We'll get drunk. We'll go fishing and stay away until she's gone"
Rayray
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Rayray »

Great! Please scan it, I’m not really sure what parts I may need, I’m sure there’s a few I need on the crank side. The schematics would show me exactly the ones I need. Thanks!
jimbofish
Advanced Board Poster

Post by jimbofish »

Here you go...

When you figure out what you need, post it here in the "Wanted" section. Someone here probably has the parts you'll need, less costly than elsewhere.
"We'll take the car and drive all night. We'll get drunk. We'll go fishing and stay away until she's gone"
Rayray
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Rayray »

Thanks jimbofish! Just what I was looking for.
jimbofish
Advanced Board Poster

Post by jimbofish »

You're welcome. Now the manual is posted here for anyone else who may search for it in the future.

Now you need to post some pictures here. :wink:

BTW the receipt stapled to the corner says that I paid $18.88 on clearance on Dec. 2, 1980.