Info - Age & Value of a Quick Stationary Drum Bait Casting Reel

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Ray Hencken
Advanced Board Poster

Info - Age & Value of a Quick Stationary Drum Bait Casting Reel

Post by Ray Hencken »

Can anyone assist with the age and value of this spinning reel that I recently found. I am somewhat familiar with Quick spinning reels but this is one that I have never seen before. That's not surprising since I concentrate on early American fly reels. Everything on the reel works as it should, anti-reverse switch, drag, and strong bail spring. Pictures are attached.
Last edited by Ray Hencken on Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Re: Info - Age & Value of a Quick Stationary Drum Bait Casting Reel

Post by Midway Tommy D »

Since it has "Stationär Rolle Quick Standard D.A.M. Berlin SW68" on the body, smooth rotor cup and round handle knob it was made in '52/53 time frame. Later, i.e. '54/55, had a knob with two flat sides and the '56 has a textured cup just like the body and red plastic drag knob. '56 was the last version. The condition looks pretty good so, currently, in that condition, I would estimate somewhere between $35 to maybe $60 on a good day, plus shipping.
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
oc1
Advanced Board Poster

Post by oc1 »

Ray Hencken
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Ray Hencken »

Thank you Midway Tommy and oc1 for the information. I appreciate you both taking the time to answer my query.