Ocean City Long Beach?

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Reeltyme

Ocean City Long Beach?

Post by Reeltyme »

Can anyone shed some light on this? I have one and I am not able to find anything on it. I can take pics if needed but do not have any handy. The name kind of “perked” my interest after the famous Penn series. Thanks in advance.
Reeltyme
Randy McConnell
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Re: Ocean City Long Beach?

Post by Paul M »

That is in the list of OC reels posted in our Reel Research section.

It is in the lower half of the list under Montague salt water reels.
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
Reeltyme

Post by Reeltyme »

Thanks Paul, I tried the search feature first, but came up empty. Tried a couple of variations of the name and still nothing. I figured someone would know something about it. I would guess that it probably wasn’t a very popular reel as I have only seen the one I have. Like I stated earlier, the name caught my eye.
Reeltyme
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

Randy:
I just sent an e-mail to Jeff Johnson, the OC page editor, to see if we need/want pics of that reel for the OC FRR site. I have been working on adjusting the layouts to the OC pages recently and just knew about the list, so I checked it. I also hit a dead end on the search tool so don't feel bad.

PM
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
Reeltyme

Post by Reeltyme »

Paul, If pics are wanted and needed for the site, just let me know. I would be happy to help.
Randy McConnell
Reeltyme
Jeff Johnson
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Jeff Johnson »

Is this the reel you have? This one is marked Montague Long Beach on the foot and is really an Ocean City New St. Lucie from 1930. If yours is different send me the pics and I'll search the catalogs. Ocean City made so many models I cant keep them all straight and sometimes a reel or box is found and they are uncatalogued.

Reeltyme

Post by Reeltyme »

Jeff, yes-that is the reel. The one I have does say O.C. On the foot, but it is identical to the one you show. Thanks for clearing this up to you and Paul. If I had the reel with me, I could show some pics but it is currently in storage in New York. Thanks for all your help.
Reeltyme
Randy McConnell