Need ZEBCO information

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
crank423
Big ORCA Fan

Need ZEBCO information

Post by crank423 »

Would like to know if someone can help me with a few questions on the early Zebco 33.
1. When did they change from having a single big rivet on the foot?
2. When did they change from the round crank knobs to the flat crank knobs?
3. When did they change the front cones, from the real small hole to a larger hole?

thank you!
arley
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Need ZEBCO information

Post by arley »

Check 'that-Zebco-guy' on Facebook. That 'guy' is Dick Braun. Mr Zebco.nice fella.
you can tune a piano,but you can't tuna fish.
Dick Braun,that-zebco-guy
Super Board Poster

Post by Dick Braun,that-zebco-guy »

Thanks Arley, nice thing to say! The answer to all three questions was posted on the FB site.
That-Zebco-Guy the one who collects the bullet proof closed face reels. Joined ORCA Oct. 2003, Past VP. Need to ask a question: call me 1-941-639-8330 home, 941-661-7187 cell, EST.
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

Dick Braun,that-zebco-guy wrote: The answer to all three questions was posted on the FB site.
Hey Dick,

Feel like sharing that with us ORCAns that don't indulge in FB?
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
Dick Braun,that-zebco-guy
Super Board Poster

Post by Dick Braun,that-zebco-guy »

I would love to but there are pages and pages and pages of information and pictures. Between that-zebco-guy and Zebco Collectors there are almost 600 member's. Both groups are "Closed Groups" so the only thing that is in both is information on Zebco reels from the beginning 1949-today. There is No BS allowed in either group and you have to ask to join so it's safe and well looked after by the Admin's. Everyone who has an interest in Zebco reels is welcome and the members are the best at sharing info just like ORCA. So come and request joining in the fun and learning. Dick Braun, that-zebco-guy
That-Zebco-Guy the one who collects the bullet proof closed face reels. Joined ORCA Oct. 2003, Past VP. Need to ask a question: call me 1-941-639-8330 home, 941-661-7187 cell, EST.