Bob Miller's NEW BOOK is off to press! ORCA Exclusive!

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Teal
Ultra Board Poster

Bob Miller's NEW BOOK is off to press! ORCA Exclusive!

Post by Teal »

Great news! ORCA's own Bob Miller's newest book -- River Reflections: Essays on Life and Fly Fishing -- is off to press and will be an ORCA Exclusive! Bab Bob, being the gentleman he is, has granted the copyright to this book, and all the profits as well, to our own ORCA! What a guy. And what a book!

Many of you have read his writings in the Reel News, well this book collects those, essays from his long out-of-print Willow Creek, and a bunch of new essays never before published to create this 220-page masterpiece. It really is great. As the back cover notes:

"This series of essays by geologist and fishing historian Robert A. Miller are either true accounts of experiences of the author, friends, and family, or are based on research by the author on other selected related subjects and occurrences. From remarkable characters to poignant commentaries on nature, aging, and fly fishing, this book has something for anyone who has ever been enchanted by creeks and rivers and the natural life that inhabit them."

The book will be available from the ORCA Store and Roger I'm sure will update us when the book is ready to order. You'll not want to miss this one, and grab an extra copy because it's going to make a perfect holiday gift.

-- Dr. Todd
john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: Bob Miller's NEW BOOK is off to press! ORCA Exclusive!

Post by john elder »

Having had the good fortune to preview this book, I can affirm all Dr Todd says! It’s a great, fun read and has some thought-provoking moments as well. Please also note for those who didn’t blow up that back cover, the painting depicted there was also painted by Bob! He’s a true artist in every sense of the word!

Also, must add a big thanks to Dr Todd and Whitefish Press for facilitating the publication of the book for the sole benefit of ORCA!

John
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Post by Mike N »

Bravo, Bob and Dr. Todd!

Thanks.

Mike N
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
Roger Schulz
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Roger Schulz »

All

The book is available in the ORCA store. Get your orders in and I should have the books in a week or so.

Roger
Roger Schulz
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Roger Schulz »

All

I have 30 copies of Bob Miller's new book "River Reflections." It is available through the ORCA Store. Bob has donated all the profits from the book to ORCA. It is great reading like all his great articles.

Roger Schulz