ID help please

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
corbo
Frequent Board Poster

ID help please

Post by corbo »

I broke my self imposed rule of "nothing other than singles of Meiss fly or small RP Hendryx", and I'm glad I did. This little guy is just cool. No plating loss just needs a cleaning. 3 3/4 in length, 5/8 max width, and 7/8 tall from the bottom of the foot. The lever opposite the grasp slides to lock it in place. There are no markings of any kind. I am clueless as to who made it and when.
Dave
Jim Schottenham
Super Board Poster

Re: ID help please

Post by Jim Schottenham »

Dave,
You can read about the Roach patent from this older thread on Reel Talk:
Roach Patent Reel
Jim Schottenham
ORCA Honorary member
www.SideMountReels.com
corbo
Frequent Board Poster

Post by corbo »

Thank you Jim, you guys amaze me. Any guess as to it's value?
Reeltyme

Post by Reeltyme »

Dave, I have one and agree, it’s a pretty cool little reel! I paid $7.00 for it at an antique shop. I happen to believe that I got a heck of a deal. I have seen them listed on eBay for as much as $50.00! I don’t see them being worth that kind of money as they are fairly common on the “bay” for sale. My guess would be in the $20 - $25 range. Good luck and enjoy!
Randy McConnell
Reeltyme
corbo
Frequent Board Poster

Post by corbo »

Well, I'll tell you I stuck myself for much more...whatever....that's part of it. The enjoyment of taking a look at them and knowing whether you stole one or made a mistake in the long run makes little difference.....at least to me as it's just part of the game. I thought it was cool and didn't know what it was...and I AM GLAD I OWN IT...because it is coooool. thanks guys.