Rogue model 150 spinning reel

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
eaglecreekrob
Big ORCA Fan

Rogue model 150 spinning reel

Post by eaglecreekrob »

I have been fishing with this spinning reel that I picked up a few years ago and never really thought about it too much until a friend of mine told that me recently that it was a very collectible reel.It is a Rogue model 150 spinning reel with an extra spool and the original leather case with the extra spool pouch inside of it.The black leather case says "Rogue" on the outside corner,although it is somewhat faded but still readable.It is in very good condition,probably 7 out of 10,if not more.Can anyone tell me what a reel like that might be worth?I have another leather black case but the zipper in that one is pretty much shot.Also,I have a black fly reel spool,spool only,that I believe might have come from the same company.If anyone is interested feel free to contact me.Thanks,any help would be greatly appreciated.I have pictures but I have to figure out how to downsize them before I can upload them,thanks again.
john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: Rogue model 150 spinning reel

Post by john elder »

If you use the advanced search on the upper right, you can find all sorts of posts about Rogue reels...here’s one by Bigdaddy, who is a Rogue maven and would likely love to talk with you!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20991&hilit=Rogue

Here’s another more recent;

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21534
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
Z3BigDaddy
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Z3BigDaddy »

I am always interested in Rogue Reels maven or not... I working out what maven means so I can know if I should be happy or upset with John..... And I do have a bit of info at my disposal about these fun reels if needed.

WANTED!

WTB
These Reels! Finder Fee Paid.
Z3BigDaddy
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Z3BigDaddy »

Eagle Creek Rob,

Here are some hand drawn pictures of your reel when it was in the development stage from Oct of 1964.

WANTED!

WTB
These Reels! Finder Fee Paid.