PENN LONG BEACH No.66 PAT'D

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
SIMIC
Big ORCA Fan

PENN LONG BEACH No.66 PAT'D

Post by SIMIC »

hi guys! i have this old reel and need help to find out when was produce and possible value????
thanks
sdlehr
Advanced Board Poster

Re: PENN LONG BEACH No.66 PAT'D

Post by sdlehr »

Hi Simic, welcome to the forum. Can you post up some pics? That reel was probably produced for 60-70 consecutive years, so I can't answer your questions without more info. And I'm away from home, so away from my references....

BUT, if there are no part numbers stamped on any parts its a 1940's reel (I don't think the 66 was ever made in the 30's but could be wrong, as I said, I'm away from my references).

Value depends on rarity and condition, neither of which I can determine with the information you provided....

Best to include at least one photo of head and tail plates, and a clear view of the foot and spool would help.
Sid Lehr
m3040c
Ultra Board Poster

Post by m3040c »

A picture of the reel will enable us to tell you about it. The Long Beach 66 was produced from 1936 into the modern era of Penn reels. Probably almost 80 years of production and it was always marked "Patented".

If your parts have Penn Part Numbers stamped into them, then the reel is later than 1952. A Model 66 has always been basically the same. Pre 1950 models had slightly different shaped side plates. Did not go through design changes, only traits changed over the years. Need a photo to say anything definite.
mike cass,,, if you can't collect it, it must be food
Cuttyhunker
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Cuttyhunker »

You'll probably get a meal at Mickey Dee's out of it, dinner and drinks at Twenty One in New York City, not so much.
SIMIC
Big ORCA Fan

Post by SIMIC »

m3040c
Ultra Board Poster

Post by m3040c »

I have to guess. The picture is vague. I would say late 1940's.
mike cass,,, if you can't collect it, it must be food