Let's see some series reels in various sizes

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Reelman2
Advanced Board Poster

Let's see some series reels in various sizes

Post by Reelman2 »

I know that some of the 4 Brothers type reels came in various sizes: 60, 80, etc. What have you got too show.
I collect Shakespeare Perfect reels. Here are the different sizes I have so far. The first pic shows a 150, 120, and 100 yd size. These three reels all came in the same length but all have different widths across the side plates. The next two reels are both 80 yd but one is smaller than the other both in length and side plate diameter. The last two are both 60 yd reels but are very different. The on the on the left is a very narrow spool with 1" pillars. The face plate diameter however is the same size as the 150 yd reel. The other 60 yd reel is a lot longer than the 1" reel but the diameter of the side plates is much smaller. I am still looking for some that are smaller than 60 yd.

So what have you got to show

Collect mostly Ky style reels; Meek, Heddon, Horton, Pflueger Redifor and Worth, etc.

ORCA Member
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Re: Let's see some series reels in various sizes

Post by Mike N »

Very nice collection. It’s great to see the variations.

Mike N
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
Low Profile
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Low Profile »

Here's a spread of German silver Monty's 60/80/100 - Still on the hunt for the smallest and larger sizes in this series. Not the cream of the crop in vintage fly circles but i'd put these up against any other maker of a similar build in real world performance.

tx, Low Profile

Jim Schottenham
Super Board Poster

Post by Jim Schottenham »

I know I recently posted this photo to commemorate the 159th anniversary of the Billinghurst patent, but this fits right in with the theme of the post, so here it is again - the four sizes of William Billinghurst fly reels:
Jim Schottenham
ORCA Honorary member
www.SideMountReels.com
Greatsouthbayman
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Greatsouthbayman »

Edward Vom Hofe 570 Wahoo #1 and 1/0

Edward Vom Hofe 560 Beach Haven a #3 and Three size #2's
Reeling Thru The Years
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Here’s a small herd of Leonard/JVH raised pillar fly reels, ranging in size from trout to bass to salmon:

ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
Wayne B.
Super Board Poster

Post by Wayne B. »

You wanted to see reels of different sizes...here's my contribution. Penn Senators 1/0 thru 10/0. Wish I had a 14 and 16 to put in the picture!

Wayne Benson
ORCA Member, 2009
Waynesreelcollectibles.weebly.com
Reelman2
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Reelman2 »

Man, those reels are awesome. I never realized some of those came in different sizes; like the Billinghurst;WOW
Collect mostly Ky style reels; Meek, Heddon, Horton, Pflueger Redifor and Worth, etc.

ORCA Member