Did B.C. Milam advertise on tin serving trays?

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Did B.C. Milam advertise on tin serving trays?

Post by Mike N »

Looks old, but I’ve never seen this before. Thoughts?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173612243138?u ... noapp=true
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
Reeltyme

Re: Did B.C. Milam advertise on tin serving trays?

Post by Reeltyme »

Mike, I used to deal in antiques quite a bit and serving/advertising/tip trays were one of my favorites. I saw this tray before you posted a link to it. I will say that in my humble opinion it is the real deal. After seeing all the trays I have seen in my time as a dealer with some Very Unusual themes, i.e. wood stoves, shampoo, soaps and more, a fishing reel manufacturer does not surprise me at all. I believe there may be others out there, it’s just that this one happened to be advertised in an area that we as reel collectors found it. This seller took the time to do a little research on the subject matter, possibly to boost the price. A very nice find for the Kentucky reel collector!
Reeltyme
Randy McConnell
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Post by Mike N »

Reeltyme wrote:Mike, I used to deal in antiques quite a bit and serving/advertising/tip trays were one of my favorites. I saw this tray before you posted a link to it. I will say that in my humble opinion it is the real deal. After seeing all the trays I have seen in my time as a dealer with some Very Unusual themes, i.e. wood stoves, shampoo, soaps and more, a fishing reel manufacturer does not surprise me at all. I believe there may be others out there, it’s just that this one happened to be advertised in an area that we as reel collectors found it. This seller took the time to do a little research on the subject matter, possibly to boost the price. A very nice find for the Kentucky reel collector!
Reeltyme
Randy McConnell
Thanks, Randy. I guess it’s too bad that great advertising isn’t on something that would fit into a reel display better...like a like a creel, or a tackle box or...
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Post by Mike N »

Sold for just under $445. If it can be vetted as authentic, that’s probably a bargain due to rarity.

Mike N
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990