Pescado’s Spinning Reel Bag

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Reeltyme

Pescado’s Spinning Reel Bag

Post by Reeltyme »

Gentlemen, I came into possession of this reel bag and found it very interesting as I have never heard of it. Anyone know about it or the reel? And before anyone asks, yes I am willing to find it a new home. Cheap! To a member in need of it for their associated reel.
Thanks in advance for any information and/or help!
Randy McConnell
Reeltyme
Low Profile
Frequent Board Poster

Re: Pescado’s Spinning Reel Bag

Post by Low Profile »

Randy,

Likely it was for this reel. Made in Italy by same company that made the Italian made Orvis spinning reels in the 1960's and 70's

tx, Low Profile
Reeltyme

Post by Reeltyme »

Thanks for the quick reply. So I guess it’s “Pescador”. The lettering on the bag is a little hard to make out. Anyway, if anyone can use it, pay for the shipping and it’s yours.
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

They also made a 400 (med) & 500 (large) model. They are the exact same reel, other than the exterior finish, as the Ted Williams models of the same numbers. There were also right handed models, i.e. 01 and manual line pickup models (M). True Temper sold the same reels in a bronze & gold color. Those had a different number on the side plate and are a little difficult to come by. Zangi also sold the same reels in Europe under different numbers and color combinations.
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
arley
Advanced Board Poster

Post by arley »

Message sent.
you can tune a piano,but you can't tuna fish.
Reeltyme

Post by Reeltyme »

I forgot to post, the bag is gone to a new home! Thanks everyone!
Reeltyme
Randy McConnell