Unknown Indiana Style Reel with rim brake

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
srukke
Big ORCA Fan

Unknown Indiana Style Reel with rim brake

Post by srukke »

Any ideas on this one. No stamping and only a partial sticker.

Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Re: Unknown Indiana Style Reel with rim brake

Post by Paul M »

This is not an Indiana style reel but rather a vintage trolling reel along the lines of a Pflueger Captain, or a Heddon Winona, for example. The integrated brake is a clue to the style. I looked for towns in Mich (if that is what the label says) that start with "Lake" as a separate word. There are a handful of towns with names like that but didn't come across any tackle makers in those towns.
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
srukke
Big ORCA Fan

Post by srukke »

Thank you for the reply.
Hoosier Dave
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Hoosier Dave »

You state that this is not an Indiana style reel and I am not going to argue about that but, what is the description in an Indiana style reel? It appears you do not consider the Boyer Winona reel as an Indiana style reel and if this is true do you consider the Goite reel and INdiana style reel? Do you consider the Alumag Safety reel an Indiana style reel? Just what is it that makes a reel an Indiana style reel?
I am looking for any Indiana style reels that I don't already have in my collection. I have all kinds of reels and lures and some cash to trade for the ones I need.
Hoosier Dave
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Hoosier Dave »

And sorry I forgot to answer the original question, the reel is a LA-KO from Lake Odessa, Michigan.
I am looking for any Indiana style reels that I don't already have in my collection. I have all kinds of reels and lures and some cash to trade for the ones I need.
srukke
Big ORCA Fan

Post by srukke »

Thank you very much for the info.
Do you have one of these? I would love to get a pic of what the sticker looked like. Any info on who made it? And finally, I'm guessing you do consider it what would be considered an Indiana Style reel? Or maybe not. Wasn't clear. Thanks again.