J. A. Coxe Reel Oil Bottle

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
orourke
Super Board Poster

J. A. Coxe Reel Oil Bottle

Post by orourke »

Did any of you catch the J. A. Coxe Reel Oil Bottle that sold on ebay yesterday? $53.75 plus shipping. I still need one. I guess I just want one. The guy that paid 50 bucks for the little bottle NEEDED one.

Happy New Year!

Dave
SWIM JIG
Super Board Poster

Post by SWIM JIG »

:) 8) :?: :idea: :type: If you will cal or write MIKE WOHLEVER 48150 North ridge road, Amherst Ohio 44001 call 1-440-988-9264 ask him for one of these bottles, tell Mike that Milt said to look good or have Jim look as he always has 100s of oil bottes for different reels and price is right , I bought 32 pfluger, Shakesper etc off him and had change left, they go from $2.00 up but not much up! Mike is a member of ORCA and NFLCC, he will be going to Pigoen forge show that is comming up in Jan. so get ahold of him beforth the 7 of jan or after th 15th of jan. Your ohio conection Col. M. Lorens aka SWIM JIG
Harvey
Super Board Poster

oil bottle

Post by Harvey »

That guy that bought it was Steve Linkus. He has a fablous collection of oilers, bottles and inscet repellent. Contact him, Dave, he might have an extra. Tell him I sent you. That way he will charge you double! :lol:
"H"
orourke
Super Board Poster

Thanks Milt and Harvey

Post by orourke »

Thanks for nothing Harvey. I think I'll follow Milt's suggestion. Haven't got the Christmas bills yet. I'm sure Rhonda spent a small fortune on our three year old.

Thank you guys!

Dave
Harvey
Super Board Poster

Just tryin' to help.

Post by Harvey »

Hey, I didn't know they were worth anything! We used to shoot them off a post with a B-B gun. Ha Ha Ha !
harvey
SWIM JIG
Super Board Poster

Post by SWIM JIG »

:P 8) :?: :idea: :type: Hey harvy, I didnt know they had b b guns that many years ago? Was your a SHAKESPERE RYDER? of a Pfluger ryder ? fess up ! and did it shoot Shakespere Hooks, or Pfluger Hooks! YUP and i use those shaksperes for sinkers on my FIN NORs when bottom fishing for these big OHIO BLUE GILLS! Now dont slip on any of that oil if you ever did hit one of those bottles! Had to be a LOOOOOONNNNGGG time ago or the EPA would have got you! HA HA and a Happu New Year to You Harvy, and many more so I can aggitate you again! Your ohio Conections Col. milt Lorens akaSWIM JIg and Ryan aka FROOGY JIG
Harvey
Super Board Poster

Post by Harvey »

Yes, Milt, they had B-B guns them days. My first one was a Daisy pump-up air rifle. My grandpa took it away the first day when I shot the cat in the rear end. My rear end hurt more then the cat's when my grandpa got finished with me. Here's hoping you and Ryan have a very good year and yes, it was great spending time with you in Lansing.. Hope to see ya again soon.
harvey
orourke
Super Board Poster

Thanks Milt

Post by orourke »

Milt, I talked with Mike Wohlever. Unfortunately he didn't have any Coxe or Bronson Reel oil bottles. Sounds like he is going to have one whale of a show in April though. Told me he would personally fill over 80 tables. Heck of a nice guy. I think I'll be headed to Ohio in April. Should be less than three hours away.

Thanks again for the scoop Milt. While he didn't have the oil bottles I did have a great phone conversation with Mike and made a new friend. God I love this club! :D
SWIM JIG
Super Board Poster

Post by SWIM JIG »

:) 8) :idea: yes , Mike is a nice person, he will be going To the Pigion forge TENN show this week comming up I will remind him to look for some of thses bottles! Dave , he does put on a show that is remarkable, been doing it for years, and Yes I will have A ORCA Table with application blanks and our mag. to let folks see what ORCA is all about! LEt us know when you get here or! email me your Home address at I will send you a list of Motels that are nearby and Tell you what reastuaunts not TO EAT AT! Then you can see my humble colection and workshop! Might even put you to work ha ha I know the felow from Japan will be here as he stays with Mike, As for lures, Mike has one of the best know (VERMILION LURE COLECTION known to anyone! yup all were made in Vermilion Oh. however very few have survived. I wiil get you some Fliers to you as soon as Mike gets them back from the printer. again email me your physical mailing address so I can get items to you. Your Ohio conections Col. Milton Loens and Ryan Costello aka FROGGY JIG