Another Fake Reel on eBay

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
RonG
Super Board Poster

Another Fake Reel on eBay

Post by RonG »

Another "rare" reel has shown up on eBay. It has an obvious new name stamped on an old English fly reel. Anyone know who this guy is?

broken ... gory=36176
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

Santa's Present

Post by Reel Geezer »

Obviously this guy got a set of metal stamps from Santa a week ago. This one out to bring $10,000 at least.
Steve
Star Board Poster

Post by Steve »

This guy has lost all benefit of the doubt. The "Snyder" is the sort of old British reel that a lot of "expert" sellers insist is a Ustonson because it looks something like the marked Ustonson reels in published pics. This one isn't even a multiplier.

Surprised we weren't told that the reel came from a garage sale at the home of a Snyder descendant. :x
SWIM JIG
Super Board Poster

Post by SWIM JIG »

:shock: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :type: This is the same person that had that rediculas MEEK, his game is (one fake Civil war marked CS and CSA knives also his interst is truck mirriors and ford truck desil step up power bosters! Its to bad that there are others in Ky that are hellping him promote this junk, the Nice Meek. He or she must not know The commonwealth of kentuckys Laws, ie Over a $100.00 is considerd a felony, and Eddyvile prison is full of these guys! Wonder if the (meek man ) will be bidding on this one? HMMMMM ok all of you check this jokers feedback, as for that stamp set< could it be the same guy thats in Middleboro Ky that changes serial numbers on colectors guns? wonderfull, now you folks will smell the rats and Frauds in this business. respectfuly Col. Milton Lorens aka SWIM JIG
mortepa
Advanced Board Poster

Post by mortepa »

I pulled his info from Ebay and called him (Andy) and talked to him. I asked him to pull the auction. He actually took my criticism well. However, he will not pull the auction with just what I told him. Supposedly, his collector friend, is supplying him with this reel and providing all the info on it. I would like to know who that person is. I should have asked him. It would be interesting to see if we know this person. Well, I hope he gets some additional good info from all of you and drops the auction.

- Paul
reels4me

Fakery, etc.

Post by reels4me »

Isn`t there some way as a recognized club on reels to notify E- bay
of this blatent deception ? Surely they don`t just 'look the other way' if
they ignore this, then a letter to USA Today and copies to Antiques Books, etc.
ought to bring out their responsibility! How about a legal mind as Mike
Nogay`s drafting such a letter ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Next thing, the 'perps' will be wanting to Advertise in 'The Reel News' !
NOT ! Where doe this type of BS stop ?