Daytona tackle show

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
bob halver

Daytona tackle show

Post by bob halver »

I will be traveling to Florida around the time the Daytona show is on. I collect Airex and Bache Brown items. I live in Grand Rapids,MN. so I will get the chance to see what the east coast has to offer me. If you have these manufactures items, bring them along. I have been a serious collector for 12+ years. Thanks, Bob

Post by Guest »

When and where is the Daytona show?

John
Harvey
Super Board Poster

Post by Harvey »

GeigerNY
Frequent Board Poster

Harvey

Post by GeigerNY »

Are you going to be at the show? If so what days, would like to take a ride up and say Hi.
George Geiger
piscesman
Advanced Board Poster

Daytona Tackle Show

Post by piscesman »

I went to the Daytona Tackle Show 2 years ago. It was GREAT! Although getting there was half the fun/frustration... My in-laws(love them dearly) have a place around Orlando. They couldn't make it down there because of various reasons. I asked them if I could use their place for 4 days and they said yes. I arrived in Orlando airport on a Thursday. 70 degrees, nice for February. They had their winter vehicle at the house. It drove nice until a loud noise from the engine. Long story short, air conditioning compressor. Could have repaired vehicle if had ALL my tools, 1300 miles away... Not my fault, bad timing... Had to rent a rental 20 miles away. Begged for a ride in their "park" to rental. Drove to Daytona in a blinding rain storm. Only took 2.5 hrs, normaly 1.5 hrs. Had to park 3 blocks away, STILL raining like h***. Hoofed it to the show in the rain, no protection. Hotel was EXCELLENT! Could see waves crashing on the beach from above inside. Admission only $5.00 very reasonable. Inside was HUGE! Walked around liked a kid in a candy store. Scouted out what my main interests were and pursued them. Plenty of time for everything else. Found and purchased a bunch of nice items. People were very friendly and informative. Some as far away as Missouri and Idaho. Probably one of the BEST shows that I ever went to. If you have a chance, please go. You won't regret it! I'm sorry to babble on but some things don't just magically happen, you have to work for them. Happy travels... :shock: :shock: :wink: