Antique Reel Questions

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
SgtMaj
Big ORCA Fan

Antique Reel Questions

Post by SgtMaj »

Hello all.I've got a few questions reguarding some old reels I've acquired and hope someone on list may or can help me.
I need the schematics to the following reels so I can service them.
1.Pflueger 1893L
2.Pflueger 1895
3.Plueger 1993L
4.South Bend 750
5.South bend 40
I've got a couple of Langleys but those are already done.
Also,I've got a question on one of the two 1895 Pfluegers maybe someone can answer.
On of the 1895s have jeweled caps and the other one doesn't.The reel with the jeweled caps also appears to have the charactoristics of the 1893L as it has a button or cap with a screw slot in it on the right side of the reel, above and forward of the handle shaft.Yet it has the same push button free spool control as the other 1895 reel.Is there any signifigence to this differance?
I don't know a lot about collecting these things.I don't collect them to be just looked at either.I love to bass fish with these old reels.
I would appreciate any help you could give me on these matters.It is a pleasure to talk to you and I hope we have many good and informative discussions in the future.
Thank you.
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

Join ORCA

Post by Reel Geezer »

Hi: You need to join ORCA. We just published schematics on some of those reels in the Reel News, and the last issue had a good article by Col. Milt about servicing the Pflueger Akron style reels.