Someone please explain this to me

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

Someone please explain this to me

Post by Reel Geezer »

Here is an eBay auction that I just don't understand:
http://orcaonline.org/images/pixel.gif
Penobscot Bill
Frequent Board Poster

please explain

Post by Penobscot Bill »

only on Ebay! I have a handful of those L.L.Bean flies-I'm rich! I'm rich! the joker with zero feedback is playing games, but what about the high bidder? Ebay security doesn't smell a fish? Which reminds me, only 52 days to open water fishing season.
Stephen Barnes
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Stephen Barnes »

I can't believe you guys don't know about those lures :)I know i bid on a reel once and put in 5000.00 by accident instead of 500.00.good thing no one got crazy like that.
Penobscot Bill
Frequent Board Poster

please explain

Post by Penobscot Bill »

If you want some insight on unethical auction tactics, whether it be Ebay or any of the major New York auction houses, get a copy of "Auction Madness" by Charles Hamilton-he was a high end autograph dealer in New York City and was thoroughly blackballed over this book and eventually put out of business. He gave away a lot of auction secrets about bid rigging, false descriptions, etc. And now there are only 51 days left to open water fishing season.
reels4me

Flie$$$$$$

Post by reels4me »

Just checked out other 11 items seller has listed, seem reasonably
priced, someone goofed or big time rigging, proportionately I have a
Golden West Fly reel I`ll let go for $55,000 !
Richard Lodge
Super Board Poster

Post by Richard Lodge »

You guys just aren't looking closely enough at those flies. Heck that Mickey Finn is signed by Mickey himself! Or maybe old Leon Leonwood Bean tied these streamers, which would certainly add some value to them. :lol: