Edsall's Casting Reel

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
apolitte
Big ORCA Fan

Edsall's Casting Reel

Post by apolitte »

I will be putting a nice Edsall's Casting reel on Ebay Wednesday night. It is in great condition.
ART
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

ART can be our poster boy for the "I'm For Joe Yates Ban on Ebay Crap" campaign for the board.
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Sorry...there I go shooting from the hip again...should have outgrown that by now...in any event, the above comment was not meant as a personal attack. However, I think if we go down the Ebay path past using it to educate re reels and to point out potential fraud, the board will quickly turn into a billboard...but then, who died and left me sherrif?!
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Nah

Post by Brian F. »

I agree John, eBay ads are pretty annoying - I spend too much time there anyway! With a g*bass*illion people looking over the listings, I can't see how putting up a billboard ad for few reel collectors will help an auction that much more. Everyone likes to see stuff offered for sale outside of ebay but eBay ads are just clutter. With that, I'll keep my shameless "want ad" signature!
Steve
Star Board Poster

Post by Steve »

I agree with John's first message. eBay ads are Reel Talk's equivalent of spam. If everyone who sells there posted a message about each item, the board would be overwhelmed.

I'd like to hear our esteemed webmaster's opinions of the following possible solutions:
1. Ban all direct advertising of tackle items, whether on eBay or by list, while permitting sellers at least to solicit email inquiries for lists.
2. Ban just eBay advertising.
3. Require any advertising messages to include "ADV:" in the subject line.
4. Have a separate Board for sales (by ORCA members only).
5. Permit advertising, eBay or private, but charge a fee.
6. :?:
Harvey
Super Board Poster

Post by Harvey »

Darn, Just as i was gonna unload a bunch of stuff the I knew that you guys would have an interest in!
I vote to add another board like the "TEST FORUM" board and keep the garbage there and if that can't be done, BAN it with a message above the board. I agree with what Joe Yates does. Remember how bad "Anglers-On-Line" was? I am not against one posting items for sale. I, myself, would prefer to give other reel collectors a chance at what I am going to sell before it goes to the "bay" but I am not in favor of advertizing your junk here just to up the chances of more bidders.
I am through!
"H"
mortepa
Advanced Board Poster

Post by mortepa »

For now, I have created an Ebay area for people to use. I will look into the rest of Steve's suggested ideas when I get a chance.

Esteemed? haha Ya right! :-)

- Paul
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

eBay

Post by Reel Geezer »

I vote for the separate forum for Sales. That's the way this type of message board should work anyway.
Steve
Star Board Poster

Post by Steve »

Mortepa, just as Geezer was a-steamed about NFLCC a week ago, you're probably a-steamed about being asked to set up a separate forum for every topic we can think of. We're proud of you and will throw you a party after we force you to quit your day job to keep up with our online requirements. :bow:
reels4me

e-bay NOT !

Post by reels4me »

I agree( whatever that`s worth) with Phil, separate forum. But not in auction form. Too much Bleepin` Bleep as on `Bay
SWIM JIG
Super Board Poster

Post by SWIM JIG »

:o :roll: :shock: :!: :idea: :bricks: Ok , so list the ebay flea market stuf on the ebay board < HOWEVER KEEP IT FOR ORCA MEMBERS ONLY! I ahve seen enough (proto types , frauds and plane junk to last a lifetime! at least if its a member we stand a chance of checking it out, 2 if the person knowingly list or attememts t used fraud or deceptful practice then expell them from ORCA at once! No EXCEPTIONS! let no outsiders list any item for sale they must be a paid up CLUB MEMBER! If you dont have this type of rule you will have every shister in the world putting items up for sale, And for starts only very clear pics. no bad or unidentifiable pics, 2 only if they except personal checks unless the buyer and seller aggree to other form of payment, 3 if a question is asked , answerer it or pull the ad ! now knowone made me sherriff however We as a club are suposed to be a large cut above the junk dealers and frauds etc, dogone Folks like Harvy, phill, steve Bob Miller and on and on have worked way to hard to make a junk site out of ORCA! Col. Milton Lorens aka SWIM JIG 1-440-988-2251 after 8pm est fax 1-440-985 (FISH) 3474 and address 759 Terra Lane Amherst Ohio 44001-1116-07
SWIM JIG
Super Board Poster

Post by SWIM JIG »

:oops: :!: I ment to say (NOT )to make a junk site out of ORCA , 55 lashes with a wet fly line to me Sorry phil , Harvy, Steve ,etc Col. M. Lorens aka SWIM JIG
Harvey
Super Board Poster

Post by Harvey »

Can that be a #10 weight lead core fly line?
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

I nominate Milt for Sheriff. Milt, let us know if you need a posse for some of the tougher ones, but you should be able to wrestle the average shysters to the ground :D
SWIM JIG
Super Board Poster

Post by SWIM JIG »

:oops: :!: :idea: :type: Yes Harvy any weight line you like and lead core if you like ! I am appauled at the very thought of ORCA being destroyed by this foolish idea. I ahve laid some ground rules and the rest of you people need to add to them! Let the junk stay on EBAYs flea market ! or Yahoo or other like sites! best way is to set up a new site that is not ORCA sponsered. Or do it like the APS ie American Philatelic Society ( this is for stamp colectors World wide) If a person does wrong its good by membership No exceptions, and your name and Membership # is printed for all members to see in the monthly Mag. Should the ORCA Club want to do a special site then and a membeship meeting let the members vote on it OR place a voting pull out in The ORCA MAG. and only paid up members allowed to vote on this issue! If the yeys vote is larger by 40% againts the nays, then it would be allowed with rules , 1 when a member is no longer paid up and no longer a member, their name and address is placed in the ORCA mag, no exceptions, Phil this will mean more work, also if the name is listed they no longer could list to sell or buy on the site! THe member fails to abide by the rules remove them as members and list their names and for what violation of what rule! 3 list a fraudent seller on the site along with thier name address and Phone # and email so the world is made aware. this is a start. John all of us need to be deputies! I apoint Phil as Sheriff and and Harvy as chief dept. All you folks please and to this idea , your imput is needed ! respectfuly Col. Milton Lorens aka SWIM JIG 1-440-988-2251 Fax !-440-985 FISH 3474 after 8pm est. 759 Terra Lane Amherst OHIO 44001-1116-07
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

Sheriff??

Post by Reel Geezer »

Sorry, I resign. The ice has left the lake out front, it was 51 yesterday, and the bass are calling. :D
SWIM JIG
Super Board Poster

Post by SWIM JIG »

:D :shock: 8) :) :!: :idea: :arrow: :type: Phil , you are lucky, ice is still on Lake erie, about 38 more days to ice out! Now dont talk too loud or your Lake will become very heavly fished! ALL aboard for Phils Lake and his pet Bass! Enjoy yourself Phil and think of us poor frozen Ohio folks! Heck this year we could walk to Canada from OHIO! you have FUN! Col. M. Lorens aka SWIM JIG and Ryan aka FROGGY JIG