Books May Be A Better Investment Than Reels

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

Books May Be A Better Investment Than Reels

Post by Jonathan P. Kring »

I have always liked collecting books almost as much as reels. I recently reccomended The Pflueger Heritage book to someone. New price a few years ago was 39.95. When I started looking recently, looks like only way it's available now is as an E-Book. All of the used book sellers I saw have it listed for well over 100. and up. Not a bad investment.
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Re: Books May Be A Better Investment Than Reels

Post by Midway Tommy D »

Not a bad investment.
If they actually sell at those listed prices, not unlike most of the 'Bay BIN delusional fantasies listed these days. :roll:

Tom
marius
Frequent Board Poster

Post by marius »

you don't say so... as a teenager, 30 years ago, i traveled to oxford, england, and purchased two fantastic books by lewis carroll. i paid about $1000 for the set - a large amount for a young lad. 10 years later i needed money and sadly sold them for the same i paid. now the same exact set are for sale in new york for a lofty $25,000. so, initially i made a good deal, but only if i had kept them for a few more years... :Bawl:

...but i believe the reels i have now will climb to same heights in 30 years from now - but they will never be for sale so it does not really matter :mrgreen:

Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

Post by Jonathan P. Kring »

Several of the books I have on Fishing were put out by Collector Books of Paducah ,Ky. Looks like all they sell now are e-books which I don't care for. I figure I probably couldn't sell most of my reels for what I paid for them, but like you, I have never sold any and don't plan to. It's only when my wife starts hounding me and says what's going to happen to all of this stuff when you die? I try to explain that when that happens, I won't care.
marius
Frequent Board Poster

Post by marius »

easy peasy for me mr kring - i'll donate everything fish related to my local forest & fish museum when i disappear from the face of the earth: http://www.skogmus.no