Hornets nest

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
Don Champion
Ultra Board Poster

Hornets nest

Post by Don Champion »

Upon returning from the national I found I had a large oak limb down in my yard. When I went to get my truck to haul it away after I cut it up I found a surprise waiting for me there also. I have a second 2 1/2 car garage where I keep my truck, bass boat and other much needed items.

When I opened the door to get my truck out things started flying. I waited until they calmed down then removed the truck. I used the remote to close the door. That night I used a full can of wasp spray on the nest. It no longer bothers me.
It took two truck loads (A F150 with an 8 ft. bed.) to haul the limb.
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Re: Hornets nest

Post by Brian F. »

Holy cow, Don! I was praying I wasn't going to see a picture of a swollen face or hand at the end. Glad you were ok!
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Post by Mike N »

Wow, Don. I'm glad no one was stung.

I live in a wooded area and I'm constantly amazed at the building skills and natural architecture of animals and insects.

Mike N.
Steve
Star Board Poster

Post by Steve »

the building skills and natural architecture of animals and insects
You bet! We found two hornet nests under our eaves the day before a contractor was supposed to start ripping down the wall. After the nests were removed, we hired a guard:
Robyn Summerlin
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Robyn Summerlin »

Don-yesterday while in town in my old farm truck I decided to top off the gas tanks and when I opened the gas cap door, discovered a bunch of red wasps had a nest there and had somehow survived the ride into town. Folks at the gas station probably wondered why an old f**t was running away from his truck so fast.