New Page Format

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Re: New Page Format

Post by Midway Tommy D »

scottorock wrote:Is it possible to put the "new posts", "your posts" etc links back to the top of every page again? Im lost with out them! lol.
Just click on "Reel Talk" to the left of the forum title at top or bottom of the page and it takes you back to the main index page. They're all @ the top left of that page right above "ORCA Announcements". You can use the up/down arrows @ the bottom right in each to get to the top or bottom "bingo".

Tom
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Tommy, yes, clicking on Reel Talk will take you back to the main page where you can, again, hit the "view new posts" button. However, it had previously been that we had that button at the top of every page so one click after reading a post and you were back to the page of new posts. Sometimes the board will burp and not show me a new post, but most of the time that feature removes the need to scan the various pages and takes you directly to the meat you haven't chewed. I believe that's what Scott was getting at, as well.
Tightlines666
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Tightlines666 »

I mentioned this earlier in the thread...
Tightlines666 wrote:I like the new format, but....

I might suggest that you consider making the ...

"unanswered posts | active topics
unread posts | new posts | your posts"

links available at the top of every page once a user is in 'Reel Talk" though, just so it's a little easier (i.e. less clicks needed) to navigate to these useful links.

Just a thought.
and Adnim''s reply...
Adnim wrote:@Tightlines666 There is a reason for that and one that should become evident on your Samsung in time. This is a work in progress, so please bear with things over the transition period. If it so happens there is sufficient room for these links in forum or topic view on a mobile device without pushing the main content lower and people are very keen for them, I will consider it.
It works now, but I am just finding that I need a few more steps (clicks) to navigate around. The forum has many great features, especially with regards to posting/editing, but I think it's important to bear in mind the majority of use is by members navigating around the boards, reading threads, and searching for existing information.

BTW, I love the search feature, and am pretty happy with the overall layout of the board.

Thanks for all of your hard work Adnim!
jimbofish
Advanced Board Poster

Post by jimbofish »

Adnim wrote:You may not have spotted this one yet... If you click the new post indicator Image, it takes you to the first unread post in a topic. If you click the read post indicator Image, it takes you to the last post in a topic.
This feature doesn't seem to be working right for me lately. It always takes me to the first post. It was working fine up untill a few weeks ago. Is there something I accidentally changed or need to check to get it working again?