So, If you won POWERBALL, would you.....

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: So, If you won POWERBALL, would you.....

Post by john elder »

Oh, but SC, we love deep moral discussions on this page! We can start with beanie babies and be discussing the meaning of life in less than ten posts! :D

Yes, Scot, i've watched the whole credit card thing take all sorts of twists. In the '60', my first father-in-law proudly pulled out his wallet and allowed the plastic cardholders to hit the floor with wallet held at his waist! ...no exageration! It was a status symbol to show all the people willing to give you credi. Then came the late '70's with interest rates hitting 17%... So we all took our 12% visas and mastercards and borrowed cash to put in our savings accounts! Made a nice little profit until the credit cards figured it out. Thats why you now see those 21% interest rates, even though we are getting paid 1% if we are lucky. Then in 1982, i got the "priviledge" of becoming an American Express card owner...a big deal at the time. I continued to pay $25 a year plus $25 for my wife's card until about two years ago, in spite of the fact that about the only place that would take it was Costco, due to their high fees. sometime nostalgia can be expensive!
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

sometimes nostalgia can be expensive!
As the old saying goes...."Live and Learn"? :D
It was a status symbol to show all the people willing to give you credit.
The sad thing is, nowadays, it seems, once you finally get yourself in a position you don't need their so called "credit", the damn HO, Auto & Casualty insurance companies will most likely nail you with a surcharge on your premium rate because you don't have enough stupid "credit". :bash: Sometimes a guy just "can't win for losing." :lol:
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Yes, and the really silly thing is that they will try to convince you that if you cut up a credit card and get rid of the account, it will ding your "Credit Score" because you now don't have as much 'credit'! what twisted system...
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Post by RAM »

Agreed!

BB
scottorock
Super Board Poster

Post by scottorock »

its all vigorish to me...