Still confused

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
OCauto
Super Board Poster

Still confused

Post by OCauto »

I am still confused every time I look at the "options" menu. I cannot help but ask myself how an unread post is different than a new post. If I haven't read it is still "NEW". In addition, if 500 people read a post and nobody responds it also is/could be a new post to me. our previous menu had more logic applied

I must assume that the site doesn't track our activities and find myself asking what visitors think about it.
john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: Still confused

Post by john elder »

Al, "unread posts" are posts that YOU have not read, not ones that nobody read. I just looked at mine and realized there were a number of posts on there that i had put my two cents in on, but had not seen the last or later entries that have been made....our board is pretty smart to figure that out! I'll use that feature more...

"new posts" are just that...posts that are new since your last visit...this is where i always go first to see that has just come on. Note that ALL the posts in the "unread posts" category have at one time made a trip through the "New Posts" category...they just ain't new no more!

BTW, both of these features were also on the previous iteration of the board...they've just been shuffled around to make it easier for people on smart phones to read the board.