Chicago...

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
eppy55
Big ORCA Fan

Chicago...

Post by eppy55 »

Hi all, I wonder if one of you might be of some assistance? I am looking for fishing rod builders from the Chicago area back in the 40,s, 50,s and 60,s who would have been building glass rods. I cannot seem to find a directory of past builders and if any of you could at least point me in the proper direction I would certainly be grateful. Your friend, Trevor Calhoun.
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Re: Chicago...

Post by RAM »

You might post a note to ORCA member Dr. Todd Larson. He knows quite a bit about the history of Chicago tackle dealers and likely also tackle manufacturers. There is a venue here on the web site for forwarding a message to him.

Bad Bob
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

You might also post to the fiberglas fly rodders board as they likely know some possibles:

http://fiberglassflyrodders.com/forum/
54bullseye
Super Board Poster

Post by 54bullseye »

Trevor
I bought a set of big game rods that were made by a guy named Joe Bonadonna "Bon-A-Don Custom Rods" in Chicago. From what I have found he made all types of rods from fly rods to freshwater trolling rods for the great lakes to big game rods. He was also an avid fisherman. If you do a internet search you will find him I think he died in 1965 so I imagine he worked on rods at least in 50s and 60s. I don't know a lot more but fill me in if you find out anything on him. I am going to post a few pictures of the set I don't know what there actually worth but I was the only bidder on the set so I probably paid to much as usual !! Good Luck !! John Taylor PS Heavy cases !!