Delivery of Reel News On Time!

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
bettybarr
Advanced Board Poster

Delivery of Reel News On Time!

Post by bettybarr »

In February I met with two different post office managers and then filed a formal complaint with the US Postal Service about how long it was taking to receive issues of Reels News. Mine had been taking 5 weeks and other members I polled had the same or worse experience. For the second time - the March issue and now the May issue - I have received mine 2 weeks after Richard took the bags to his Massachusetts post office. Yes!!! Let me know what your experience is and if you suddenly have been getting your issue much sooner than before. April 27 was the drop off day for the May issue.
I hope you are getting your issue within 2 weeks. That is expected for Non Profit Bulk rate.
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Re: Delivery of Reel News On Time!

Post by RAM »

No May issue yet.
BB
Don Champion
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Don Champion »

Mine arrived in NC about a week ago.
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

I have to say that, more often than not, my Reel News gets here to NE in a reasonable time frame based on times Richard says he's put them in the mail. There were a couple of times when weather was inclement that they were somewhat delayed, but overall I really haven't felt it was a big deal in the 3 to 4 years I've been receiving them.

And, BTW, they are always super reads and full of great and interesting information! :bow:
Last edited by Midway Tommy D on Fri May 13, 2016 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

Thank you for working so hard at this, Betty and Richard. Your efforts are much appreciated. I've had very few instances where things were really late making its way out here.
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Post by wrong99 »

Mine arrived yesterday, the earliest I have ever received it.
Mark
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Post by RAM »

Received mine Sat. 14.th
BB
bettybarr
Advanced Board Poster

Post by bettybarr »

Thanks to everyone for the continued updates. I want to have an on-time delivery for the entire membership.
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

Betty, don't lose too much sleep over it. For many of us "OLD" Reel Collectors it's either sittin' there watchin' the grass grow or waitin' for the RN to arrive, other than Phil, that is, 'cause he's out there pestering them smallies. He just needs if for the stormy days when he can't get out on the water. :D
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Reel Geezer »

Midway Tommy D wrote:Betty, don't lose too much sleep over it. For many of us "OLD" Reel Collectors it's either sittin' there watchin' the grass grow or waitin' for the RN to arrive, other than Phil, that is, 'cause he's out there pestering them smallies. He just needs if for the stormy days when he can't get out on the water. :D
Tommy, today is one of those days with rain and wind. Right now I'm pestering the largemouth in the lake out front of our house. With a boat ramp 3 miles down the road they are easier to get to than the smallies in the river, which is 6 miles away. The Reel News arrived when Roger was here, but it will still have to wait. My latest project is fine tuning and upgrading some early 1980's Shimano Bantam 1000 reels to be used with light casting tackle on the river.
Reel Addictive
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Reel Addictive »

Betty I got my Reel News at least three weeks before I normally do. Your effort has definitely made an impact on delivery times. Thanks.

While you are stirring the pot...can you have a talk with some of the other federal offices and agencies that seem to way underachieve.

Thanks again,

William
BirdDog
Advanced Board Poster

Post by BirdDog »

Just received mine on Thursday the 19th.