Unread post icon

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
jimbofish
Advanced Board Poster

Unread post icon

Post by jimbofish »

For some time now the little yellow page icon in front of the topic title hasn't been working right. It's supposed jump to the first unread post in the topic Instead it just goes to the top post and I have to scroll down through the ones I've already read.

I've checked every setting I can think of to get this to work with no success.

Does it seem to be working for others?
john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: Unread post icon

Post by john elder »

I guess i never think about that because when i come, i just go to the "new posts" button in the upper left and hit that. Everything you haven't visited will show there. Sometimes they will linger after you have read them but the yellow flag will be missing..just shows on the new posts. I have had a few i missed doing this but see them as yellow flagged when i got to a particular page.
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

I'm like you JE, I automatically go to "View New Posts" every time I check in. I check "View Unread Posts" every now & then, though, just to make sure I haven't missed something along the line somewhere. The little square box to the right of the last poster's name in both categories takes you directly to the that (the last) post.
jimbofish
Advanced Board Poster

Post by jimbofish »

Yes, guys, I also click the View New Posts, which brings up a list of topics with new posts. In front of each topic title is an arrow with a yellow page icon which is supposed to View First Unread Post in that thread. It's been doing that perfectly since the forum re-do back in Dec.
Lately, it just goes to the first post.
I don't want to go to the Last Post as there may be many more posts since my last visit. I want to go to the first unread post.
Does the View First Unread Post icon work for you?
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

I think it is designed to go to the thread where a post is made, rather than to the specific post. Perhaps you can hire a high school kid to come push your hand forward so your mouse will scroll down the page...I know how grueling that can be! :D
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

I have never, ever used those links to browse the forum. Maybe just my habit but I go to each section of the forum and each message that's marked unread by the green buttons, open them, make the green buttons disappear and that's how I know I've seen everything. That way I know for sure which part of the forum I am in.
jimbofish
Advanced Board Poster

Post by jimbofish »

Surely there must be someone else on this forum that uses that button, or is at least willing to click on it and see if it works for them?