Pickers-TV

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Pickers-TV

Post by RAM »

One of my favorite TV shows. Evidence the country is full of people crazier than reel collectors. Reels make sense. The mélange of crap those guys wade through is amazing. But every now and then they find an item of fishing tackle, itself close to junk, and pay far too much. They really need to be educated on antique tackle valuation. They even have been seen to completely ignore a batch of rods, reels to get to a plastic monkey they pay a hundred bucks for. What has this world come to?

Bad Bob
john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: Pickers-TV

Post by john elder »

Agreed, BB....and that makes me realize that virtually EVERY item they buy is likely subject to the same complaint from folks knowledgeable in those areas.....but hey, it's fun entertainment!....and it isn't even in Alaska! :D

D

(PS: same complaint re Pawn Stars!)
Reel Addictive
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Reel Addictive »

I know that I have seen an episode in which they had an antique rod that they had questions about. If I'm not mistaken, the "authority" they called is on our members website list. I don't recall ever seeing them discuss a fishing reel. Still I enjoy the show and the old junk.

William
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Post by wrong99 »

Just remember this is television entertainment, not so much the real world. I like the show, though, and have watched it for years. Lately, it seems like all they buy is broken, incomplete and rotted garbage, passing up rooms full of incredible collectibles.
Mark
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

wrong99 wrote:Lately, it seems like all they buy is broken, incomplete and rotted garbage, passing up rooms full of incredible collectibles. Mark
And pay way too much for it. Episode and sponsor sales must pay really well! :shock:

I saw the one with the bamboo fly rod w/original tube awhile back. LL Bean, if I remember right? I was surprised Frank even called his adviser since it had been broken and the seller thought it was a gold bar. :lol: