Heddon River Runts appraisal

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Heddon River Runts appraisal

Post by Mike N »

My son bought a tackle box full of boxed Heddon River Runts-- not all in their correct boxes. I'm unsure of any values, but was hoping someone here can take a look at these photos and let me know if any are any tough or rare colors. I broke out 3 in the one photo that I had not seen before, but that may just be because I'm a reel guy. Thanks in advance.

Mike N.

Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Re: Heddon River Runts appraisal

Post by RAM »

Mike: I have a collection of Heddon Spook baits-for show, not value-plus Dad and I fished them almost exclusively. I don't profess to know much about rarity, but of my 100 or so I don't have one the color of the middle bait (Go-Deeper). That bunch was a good find. I have been told on average those baits are generally valued at ten bucks each, with some considerably more valuable. In the box-maybe double on average. I assume all are plastic without looking closely.
Bad Bob
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Post by Mike N »

Thank you. Any other responses from my fellow reel collectors would be appreciated.
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Post by wrong99 »

Boxed examples with catalogs go for at least $25-30 each. As with everything, superb ones with correct boxes bring much more. The example in the middle that Bob referred to I've never seen either.
Mark
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Post by Mike N »

Thanks, Mark

Mike N
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990