Branson Visit 1967

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

Branson Visit 1967

Post by Jonathan P. Kring »

When I was serving in The U.S.A.F. in Illinois about a year after my wife and I got married. I decided we would take a fishing honeymoon trip to Mo. (Notice I said I decided) My wife had not fished before or probably since.
We stayed at a small resort on Bull Shoals Lake. The lake was fairly undeveloped. We decided to take a trip to Branson. The highlight of Branson at that time was Marvel Cave and Silver Dollar City which was in the very early stages. Basically nothing in Branson. We drove by Table Rock Lake but didn't stop.

The year 9/11 occurred we had reservations in Branson to celebrate our anniversary Oct 1st. After all that occurred on 9/11 and some family health issues, I cancelled the reservations. I cannot even begin to fathom the changes that have occurred since 1967.

After making my wife sit in a boat for a week, it's hard to imagine we are still married 51 yrs. later.

To all of you going to Branson, I wish you the best and am sure you will have a wonderful time. I've been to 4 National Conventions and had a great time at each one. If I was going to Branson I could take the 17ft. boat in my garage (which hasn't seen water for 3 years and currently won't run) if it was running. When running, it is a fantastic fishing boat. Best wishes to all of you and have a great time. Jon Kring
Cast your cares upon the Lord. Psalm 55:22
Then He said to them, "follow Me and I will Make you fishers of men". Matthew 4:19
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Re: Branson Visit 1967

Post by Mike N »

Those are awesome photos. Thanks for the post, J.K.

Mike N
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
bettybarr
Advanced Board Poster

Post by bettybarr »

How much fun are those pictures! Carol is a saint but we knew that. We will toast your 55 years together when we are all gathered there. I am sorry you can't join us.
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

Only 51. Thanks.
Then He said to them, "follow Me and I will Make you fishers of men". Matthew 4:19
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

When going through the archives I found this. Bring bail money when you come to Branson!!
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Just got around to this post! Great photos, Jon! Where did the time go?!
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures