BAD NEWS

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

BAD NEWS

Post by Reel Geezer »

Yesterday we learned that according to the US census bureau Idaho is the fastest growing state in the US. This is based upon percentage increase, not numerical. That's all we need here - more people. :cry: :x
If we concentrated on the really important things in life there would be a shortage of fishing tackle

Phil White
ORCA Honorary Life Member
Harry Verdurchi
Advanced Board Poster

Re: BAD NEWS

Post by Harry Verdurchi »

All of those Spud Lovers are gonna take over !
Roger Schulz
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Roger Schulz »

Phil

Are they all coming from California? Idaho needs to become more liberal in its viewpoint.

Roger
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Yeah, us CA folks have already driven up the housing prices in Oregon and Washington....we need a new state to inflate!! :D
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

At least there's not a lot of scenery or other unique features, other than really cold winters and hot humid summers, to draw them to central US states like NE. Whew! :jester
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
sdlehr
Advanced Board Poster

Post by sdlehr »

Phil, we're back home now. That's minus 2.
Sid Lehr
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

Post by Jonathan P. Kring »

Phil: The World has probably seen the posts you and Roger have made showing the fantastic fishing! The word is out! Aw Fudge!!
Cast your cares upon the Lord. Psalm 55:22
Then He said to them, "follow Me and I will Make you fishers of men". Matthew 4:19
dbummee
Advanced Board Poster

Post by dbummee »

Hey Geezer,

At least you have the high mountains to get lost in. Here in New York they come in droves, sorta like army ants.
Not much open land any more and waterfronts are non existent.

Tom DuRose
Bill Sonnett
Super Board Poster

Post by Bill Sonnett »

Alaska is looking better all the time!
I love to get old reels, work on them until they run as smooth as silk and the take them fishing using pre-1960 plugs, mostly surface fishing for Largemouths after dark.
bettybarr
Advanced Board Poster

Post by bettybarr »

Don and I are spending a week in Boise. We had snow yesterday and this morning. We went to the zoo! It is a fun city but beset by high housing prices because of the California folks. Happened in Denver too. Frankfort is not on the hit list of most desirable places to live so we will have a peaceful and quiet New Years when we get back.
Bill Sonnett
Super Board Poster

Post by Bill Sonnett »

Betty, the Frankfort secret is out. All my friends are moving there and we have taken out ads on the internet and television telling everyone how cheap the housing is and what a peaceful place it is to live!
I love to get old reels, work on them until they run as smooth as silk and the take them fishing using pre-1960 plugs, mostly surface fishing for Largemouths after dark.
sdlehr
Advanced Board Poster

Post by sdlehr »

bettybarr wrote:It is a fun city but beset by high housing prices because of the California folks..
Ha! Visiting from South Florida our thought was how affordable the housing was! It's all relative!
Sid Lehr
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Post by RAM »

If you want to see population growth, visit (don't stay!) Nashville. For past five years an average of 30 people a day moved here-round it off to a thousand a month. In five years that comes to roughly 60,000 extra humans! Traffic is terrible (now rivaling Atlanta), affordable housing is a thing of the past. If all that wasn't bad enough, we just got picked for an expansion franchise for (gasp) Major League soccer! Soccer? Nashville? Proof that most people here now are aliens from foreign places like California and New England!!! Watched a soccer game last week briefly. Counted seven (7) changes in which team was kicking the ball in under a minute. They had been playing for over an hour and the score was still 0 to 0. Hey guys, just flip a coin and go have a beer!

Pining for the Good Old Times in Nashville, Bad Bob

PS: The Harpeth River is overrun with those aliens in the summer. So is every park in the city. Thinking about moving to Idaho Geezer
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

From my perspective? There's a downside to living on an island! So i moved to another and now that area is one of the fastest growing in our state. Guess I'm part of the problem haha
Aloha
Brian F.
_________

ORCA Member 1997
Got a spare reel stamped "Pflueger" or a Montague Imperial?
"Caution, objects in reel view mirror are older than they appear."
Bud Chaddock
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Bud Chaddock »

We like it there. But yes. Hayden, Courdelane, Bonners Ferry, Post Falls all exploding. Could not believe what I have seen there in the last couple of years. With tax changes in California it will triple. More corporate America coming your way. More Taco bells, Mc Donalds, spee dee oil, 7 eleven, and yes maybe a mega mall. The area looks much like any other BIG TOWNS with the same profiles that does not make it different from the others.
Make it the same and they will come.
Don Champion
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Don Champion »

North Carolina is the fifth highest in population growth! But what can I say? I moved here 18 years ago.
Bill Sonnett
Super Board Poster

Post by Bill Sonnett »

While I was thinking about how the world has become overcrowded after reading this thread, a January 1938 issue of Outdoor Life arrived in the mail. In reading Ray Bergman's column I was struck by the fact that this was written 80 years ago and folks were complaining then about too many people. I always remember that when Bergman retired in 1958 he was asked what the biggest change in fishing had been during his lifetime. His answer was one word the "automobile".