Fly Fishing Stories (Mainly by John Giierach)

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

Fly Fishing Stories (Mainly by John Giierach)

Post by Jonathan P. Kring »

I am not a voratious reader. These are some easy to read books on Fly Fishing. If you buy from used book sellers, the biggest expense is shipping. Good reading for a cold winter's night.
Cast your cares upon the Lord. Psalm 55:22
Then He said to them, "follow Me and I will Make you fishers of men". Matthew 4:19
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Re: Fly Fishing Stories (Mainly by John Giierach)

Post by RAM »

Jonathan has sent me several of Gierach's books. Think I have read them all now. On cold snowy evenings they make for good reading. Someone once said "Perhaps the best fishing is done from the arm chair." Seems more true the older you get.

Cheers for a Good New Year!

Bad Bob
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

Post by Jonathan P. Kring »

Amen! Truer every day. ( Looks like I put one too many I's in his name, Can't correct. Actually is Gierach.)
Cast your cares upon the Lord. Psalm 55:22
Then He said to them, "follow Me and I will Make you fishers of men". Matthew 4:19
Ron Mc
Star Board Poster

Post by Ron Mc »

Have to say Gierach's most telling tale is in Dances with Trout, the essay titled Bugs.
The neoprene hatch at Henry's Fork, where all the coffee shops are crowded with long-billed yachting caps boasting Latin.
At the river, the guy catching all the fish is wearing Red Ball waders, and talking about the big yellow bugs.