Bass Lure From Local Maker Boing Lures Plainfield, Indiana

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

Bass Lure From Local Maker Boing Lures Plainfield, Indiana

Post by Jonathan P. Kring »

A friend from grade school told me about these lures.
Wasn't going to order one then decided I'd buy one to collect. Asked for a signature! Have a Facebook Page and website.
Cast your cares upon the Lord. Psalm 55:22
Then He said to them, "follow Me and I will Make you fishers of men". Matthew 4:19
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Re: Bass Lure From Local Maker Boing Lures Plainfield, Indiana

Post by Mike N »

That’s a sweet lure.

My friends from grade school are now all old geezers, so I don’t hang out with them any more, which is a shame because a couple of us spent two years together in third grade.
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

Re: Bass Lure From Local Maker Boing Lures Plainfield, Indiana

Post by Jonathan P. Kring »

Us Geezers need to stick together! I paid more for this lure than I did for many of my reels. Not an avid lure collector. Most of mine are newer. A couple which I prize are on the right hand side of this picture.
They are Luhr-Jensen lures, based in Hood River, Oregon, signed by the son of the original owner and himself, the last remaining owner of the company before it was taken over by Rapala, "Phil Jensen". I have traded many of my older lures to him for reels in years past. I have a coffee table in my basement with a glass top filled with wooden Luhr -Jensen Lures. Great lures with a lot of history!
Cast your cares upon the Lord. Psalm 55:22
Then He said to them, "follow Me and I will Make you fishers of men". Matthew 4:19