O.R.C.A. Memory

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

O.R.C.A. Memory

Post by Jonathan P. Kring »

I was going through some saved messages on my computer last night, Ran into this from 2012. I had my son Paul make a shirt for me which I sent to Robert Ellis. Talked to Robert many times on the phone, exchanged many E-mails. Felt like a good friend, but I never met him in person. That's one of the things I like about O.R.C.A. I have lots of members I have met and feel we are friends and many I have never met in person who I feel are friends. Robert was a great guy! (R.I.P.)
Cast your cares upon the Lord. Psalm 55:22
Then He said to them, "follow Me and I will Make you fishers of men". Matthew 4:19
john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: O.R.C.A. Memory

Post by john elder »

Plus one...miss Robert a lot. Such infectious enthusiasm!
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Re: O.R.C.A. Memory

Post by wrong99 »

Robert was fun to be with at a tackle show. Talk about "enthusiasm"! At the Santa Rosa Show, I swear every single vendor knew him personally. It was the way he put himself out there to everybody. Nobody was more personable. As the editor of his (now ORCA's) Bronson website, I think of him every time I go into the site to do some work. His spirit is certainly everywhere in there. It's been such a privilege to continue his legacy. He loved you guys. I miss him dearly.
Mark