Blame for current arctic blasts

Post by RAM »

Al Gore: Global warming, obviously
Hillery Clinton: The Republicans, obviously
Republicans: Anti-Republican press, obviously
New Yorkers: Lake Erie and Lake Ontario, obviously
Chicagoans: Darn Canadians, obviously!
Pagans: Poor attendance at Winter Solstice Celebration at Stone Henge
Real reason: Weakening of El Nino, but only after it had kept Lakes Erie and Ontario from freezing over.
Bad Bob (Who knows little more than any other renowned scientist does about this sort of thing-but not much less)
Jim Wiegner
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Jim Wiegner »

Good morning Bob:

Maybe it has something to do with the season.

Jim
Steve
Star Board Poster

Post by Steve »

What weakened El Nino?
Teal
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Teal »

Sounds like a really bad joke...

So what was it weakened el Nino
I thought while I poured some more vino
Is it the temp of the air
Or the water too fair
Screw it -- I'm moving to Reno
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Post by RAM »

Steve-Why has El Nino weakened? Because Eastern Pacific waters have returned to more normal temperatures. Nothing good lasts forever. El Nino is history for this winter.

Interesting side note: A special viewing of Al Gore'sglobal warming movie "An Inconvenient Truth" was cancelled yesterday because of the frigid weather. Really! Bad Bob
SWIM JIG
Super Board Poster

it was bound to come!!

Post by SWIM JIG »

:( :shock: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :bow: :type: usa, People, I saw this thing comming for many years, in the 1950s I worked on the Great Lakes for a while on a SAND SUCKER, we pumped sand off the bottom of the lake and it was used in the making of cement, at that time our charts showed a 2.7 degree from esat to west lean, after I retired from the srvice 24 years later, and came back to Ohio ,I bought a boat and got a new set of charts, I saw where that esat west list was 5.2 degrees, and its going a bit more each year, thus we are chasing the SUN! Magnetic? or just a loss of ice at the North Pole? people I dont want to sound the doom and gloom alarm however some athorities are saying the POLES WILL FLIP again! ie north to south! I do know that some commercial piolets that live in this area that I fish with says it happening! Globel warming? too much War ? or just nature? One thing about it, it most likly will be fast at the end! Its doubtfull we can reverse the condition, or that the world will agree to a reversal! For ME? i am going to enjoy every moment I live and do it to the Fullest! Your ohio conection On Lake ERIE Col. milton lorens aka SWIM JIG and Lake ERIE IS NOW SOLID!
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

Come to think of it, I did need a jacket this morning. :D
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

All of you...go see Al's movie...I don't give a cr-p if you like him or hillary or not...evidence is undeniable re global warming...it's not a burp or something that happened before in the history of mankind...evidence is that we are causing it...but believe that or not, it's here!
Jerry J in OK
Super Board Poster

Post by Jerry J in OK »

Steve...La nina weakened el nino probably...

Jerry