Taking a page from Dr. Todd....

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
john elder
Star Board Poster

Taking a page from Dr. Todd....

Post by john elder »

Welcome to the All New RAM and DEAKY Blog!,

A place where all random thoughts, even if reel-related, can be preserved for posterity...or the next time we go into De-Bug mode and it gets dumped :D
Teal
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Teal »

Sign me up. Ram and Deaky...I like it.

Let me be the first to post under your new blog.

My random thought for today: "Zozzled" is the most descriptive term in the English language.

--Dr. Todd
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Bad Bob's First Post to the Ram and Deaky Blog

Post by RAM »

Advice for Friday: Never make eye contact with anyone in the shrink's waiting room. They may think you are crazy. Also, don't tell anyone there your hobby is collecting old fishing reels. They will all move away from you.
Bad Bob

PS- Who would dump important stuff like this? Zozzled?
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Well, it's starting out as a slow week here in Lake Orcagon, where the men are curious, the women, scarce (and getting scarcer since El decided to have a real job), and the children are...well...that would be the same group as the men.

We wondered what was up with RAM, since his level of RAMbling had dropped precipitously over the past few days and then, he made a poignant post on Friday that pretty well explained it all...get well soon, RAM...we need your wit and wisdom.

And we finally heard more than a word from out dear visitor from the far West, which is almost so far West that at least J-P and the rest of our good Euro frinds consider him as a visitor from the East. He offered musings about the state of the Net and our boyz trapped in a great sandbox...I won't Gore you with the details here.

Well, must close for the nonce to pursue a white ball, on the way to work, with a pleasant, albeit brief visit with my best field find of the year, the Fishbugman. ...and oh, yes...Wiggie...it's time once again that I get motivated to try a wood project for the Fair...inspire me again!
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Post by RAM »

To the Deak-Haven't the energy to figure all of what your last message meant. Some of it sounds transcendental!

Bad Bob (see new post, the last until next week as the grandkids will be demanding all free time for the duration of this week).
Jim Wiegner
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Jim Wiegner »

Good morning Mr. Keillor...

Lake Orcagon? Now that's an interesting name. Is that in Minnesota too?

I'll make this brief, as I'm preparing for yet another trip to have my plumbing system checked out (actually checked inside...from top to bottom). Sure wish these things had an unconditonal warranty like Pflueger used to provide!

Anyway John, for your next project, should you choose to accept it, I suggest a modern day version of the "Fish Priest", commonly called a club. Are you familiar with the fine commedian Gallagher? I think an Elder made version of Gallagher's Sledgeomatic all purpose tool would be a winner. You know, the tool that puts the cat out for the night, teaches the dumbest dog to play dead, puts a door or window wherever you always wanted one, and yes, also does a splendid job on watermelons as well.

Hope this helps.

Jim
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Oh, gee, thanks, Jim. Bob...change meds...it will go away...and also make those kids disappear for awhile :D :D
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

john elder wrote:And we finally heard more than a word from out dear visitor from the far West, which is almost so far West that at least J-P and the rest of our good Euro frinds consider him as a visitor from the East.
How far West do you have to go until you are East? Is the border the exact opposite side of the globe from the MidWest? Is there a MidEast and if so, why is it West of East Asia? And who decided which way is "up" in the solar system? From an idle Pflueger collector.
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Post by RAM »

East stops at North Carolina, west at the Mississippi River, Kentucky and points north are Yankeeland. South of here and everywhere else is Third World Territory subject to inundation when global warming raises sea level. That should clear things up as to directions.

PS-To the Deak: None of the medicines work. Tried them all. Even caught the shrink prescribing placebos. Never trust one! Bad Bob