Question about 2012 ...

Get the latest on this year's upcoming convention or read about last year's
reelsmith.
Ultra Board Poster

Question about 2012 ...

Post by reelsmith. »

Hey guys, I have a predicament and need a suggestion.

I can only come for one day and have to drive up and back on that day (8 hour round trip).

Is Wednesday (room trading) or Saturday (the show) the better day ?

Will there be a decent size crowd on Wednesday ?

I've never been to an ORCA National and really want to go, the timing just stinks for me this year.

Thanks for any insight you can lend.

Dean.
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Re: Question about 2012 ...

Post by Brian F. »

Dean, over the few years I've been able to go, I was fortunate to arrive on Wednesdays and stay through the whole event. Just my opinion but, unlike a lot of lure shows where everyone comes for room trading and bugs out before the actual show, I would say a majority make it to the show. Being that this is on the smaller size compared to a typical lure show, not sure if the amount of people there on Wed might be what you are expecting as a decent crowd. People also open their rooms up on the other days also in between events and in the evening. Thurs-Fri, more people but not all day room trading. I like room trading and the excitement of finding some hidden treasures but find myself just hanging out with old friends and meeting new ones (or putting faces on cyber identities) so it's a little different from typical lures shows.
reelsmith.
Ultra Board Poster

Post by reelsmith. »

Thanks Brian.

That's helpful.

It sure would be easier if I could go for a few days !

Dean.
Jim Schottenham
Super Board Poster

Post by Jim Schottenham »

Dean,

I'm with Brian on this one, if I had to make a choice, it'd be Saturday. As Brian pointed out, the days leading to the show are fairly full of events away from the resort, so it somewhat limits the room trading. Not to say there isn't any going on, but between the fishing tournament, casting event, seminars, dinner cruise, ugly reel toss event, breakfast with the board, trip to the Adirondack Museum...well, you get the idea. Saturday is the only day to see everyone in one place.

Jim
reelsmith.
Ultra Board Poster

Post by reelsmith. »

Then Saturday it is.

Thanks, Jim.

So, everyone please hold your tough bottles and paraphernalia until Saturday. :lol:

Dean.