Book your Hotel for the 2013 ORCA National Convention

Get the latest on this year's upcoming convention or read about last year's
Teal
Ultra Board Poster

Book your Hotel for the 2013 ORCA National Convention

Post by Teal »

The biggest ORCA Nationals ever is coming to Frankfort, Kentucky -- KENTUCKY REELS COME HOME -- on September 5, 6, and 7 and they are taking hotel reservations. $88 a night for king or two doubles. Nice clean rooms. Call the Capital Plaza Hotel at 502.227.5100 and book yours before they fill up! Just got mine a few minutes ago...

Only FIFTY table on the show floor -- limit ONE table per person -- email Roger Schulz ASAP to reserve your table.

Do it sooner rather than later!

-- Dr. Todd
wallypm
Big ORCA Fan

Re: BOOK YOUR HOTEL FOR ORCA NATIONALS!!!

Post by wallypm »

I just registered and was told the ORCA rate is $88 but if you register online and use the AARP or AAA rate the room rate drops to $81.
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

Post by Jonathan P. Kring »

I just called them about the reservation I made last week. The clerk told me the same, that that was the internet rate. I said so how about I cancel and rebook on the internet? He said just a minute, your rate is now 81.00. Heck of a way to run a railroad!
Don Champion
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Don Champion »

Guys - I don't know what happened or why but I booked mine online using the AARP rate and am paying $77 a night for a king room! Walt from Greensboro, NC. I hope to meet you there. I live in Salisbury, NC. I wonder if Steve Knier will be there? Do you think they could stand 3 carolinians?
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

For all of you that have not booked your reservations or are on the fence as to whether you will attend, just got this from one of our organizers, Doug Carpenter:

All of the people in Frankfort I have talked to about the show are anxious to attend. This past week I contacted a person that will make an announcement about the show at the weekly Rotary Club meeting. An officer of the VFW is going to get the flyer posted at the VFW hall and likewise for the Elk's club. The timing of this should go well with the article that will be in the local newspaper. Betty was interviewed by a reporter last week and the newspaper said it would run an article as soon as our special election for state representatives was over (June 25).

The purpose of telling you this is so we can be prepared for many nonmembers at the show. Some will be potentials for membership, others are just interested in the Frankfort history.

Doug Carpenter

So, think about it...home of the original makers of kentucky reels and many attendees from the community, most of whom have some connection to the reels or the families...what more could you ask? Make those reservations!
Dale Noll
Super Board Poster

Post by Dale Noll »

Booked my reservations today. Using AARP, room costs $86. Guess it changes whatever. Anyway, hope to see youall.

Dale
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

I think if you would have booked online you could have got it for 81. Call and ask if 81. is the internet rate? If it is, tell them you will cancel and re-book on thr internet, They will probably tell you you can have it for 81. Just a thought. Then it could depend on what type of room you booked.
Don Champion
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Don Champion »

As I mentioned in the thread on "Everything but reels" call & check if you have a reservation if you made it on-line. Some of those didn't go through.
robert ellis
Super Board Poster

Post by robert ellis »

I wish you Folks would stop talking about the Nationals, make me so envious because I can not go! :bash: It will be the "Best" one yet from what I have gathered! I want to see pictures or videos Please! :)
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

Get you a flight. I'll pick you up and deliver you back to the airport.