2015Convention, Day 3 and assorted stuff

Get the latest on this year's upcoming convention or read about last year's
Richard Lodge
Super Board Poster

2015Convention, Day 3 and assorted stuff

Post by Richard Lodge »

Even though this is a short convention, I'm getting good contributed photos in from some other ORCAnians so I can't keep these postings limited to a single day.

Jon Kring took this great photo of the fishing crew, equipment in hand and ready to go on the fishing trip Thursday:

A group, checking out some reels today, including, from left, Roger Schulz, Dave Erickson (his back), Bill Graves, Ron Gast and John Yancy....

Hanging out last night, after a long day of fishing, reel trading and socializing. It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it....

Paul Kring, son of librarian Jon Kring and the talent behind a lot of the shirts produced for ORCA...

A scene at the trip to the IGFA Museum today...

The great hall of record fish at the museum. Each replica overhead represents a record (some for specific line weights) of different types of fish...

I don't know if this was a setup or if people at the IGFA really like the Reel News, but there it was, prominently displayed, on a table at the venue.

And since this is about fishing reels, here's a nice shot of Paul Manuel's very sweet James Haywood clamp reel, which he brought to show me. Yes, those are palm trees reflected in the water nearby.

Stay tuned. More to come.
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Re: 2015Convention, Day 3 and assorted stuff

Post by Brian F. »

Great set of photos, again, Richard! Thanks for all the updates.

I'm missing from this photo! lol Had a great time hanging out with this very nice group of reel enthusiasts.