Orca show, Brooks Muse update

Get the latest on this year's upcoming convention or read about last year's
reelland44
Frequent Board Poster

Orca show, Brooks Muse update

Post by reelland44 »

Sorry all for no reports during show. I was hoping someone else might be able to do so as I seemed never able to get to it.

I had to load up myself with help from many to get on the road with a truck load of my crap and to a family wedding unfortunately planned 6 months after I committed to the show dates. So, I got home after midnight last night and still have my camera somewhere under all that stuff to unload. I will get to it today and get some pictures up and I hope others might be able to add some as they settle in back home as well.

Whee! It was a rush and and I think we had a pretty good show. But, first I do want everybody to know about an unfortunate event for one of our members. Brooks Muse of Jacksonville FL. had a health issue and had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital. His wife Kay told us that after several tests & they believe he has a bacteria invection that after a very rough night & dehydration, ultimately caused him to pass out. They are not to positive about cause of invection at this point, but he is a little better and they are not yet ready to say more or let him leave the hospital.

I am going to call and connect with Kay as soon as I can this morning to assist and support her in any way I can. Please keep Brooks and Kay in your thought and prayers I know Kay is aware of all our concern and prayers and is very appreciative, so keep them coming.

I am sure you will all excuse me if I deal with this first and I will fill you in on updates with Brooks and the show a litlle later today.

Please, any members that attended and are able, post about show as well when you can. Bill Land
reelland44
Frequent Board Poster

Brooks Update 2

Post by reelland44 »

I was able to get ahold of Brooks on his phone as he and Kay were headed to the airport from the hospital (I think on his assistance that they release him). He says he still feels very weak, and not nearly fully recovered, but he should be home in Jacksonvelle after 6:00 P.M. his time. He is very appreciative of everyone's thoughts of concern for him.

What a great guy, and gal! He was trying to make me feel better about the terrible outcome of his trip. I don't think he will be recommending the hotel trout to anyone because he feels that might have been the problem.

But a little good news for Brooks is next year's 2009 ORCA national is looking very good for his backyard in Florida (more about that soon). I will so look forward to seeing Brooks and Kay again next year.

Continue to keep Brooks in your thoughts and prayers and I want to personally wish him to a quick and full recovery with my deepest apologies for how your Colorado trip turned out.

Please drop Brooks a line, call, or post him right here on Reel Talk if you can and join me in wishing him well.

Well, now I can tackle the fun job of unloading my truck, unpacking, and sorting out my junk, new treasures, and my camera so that I can start putting on a report on how things went. There was a lot of very nice displays, some incredible. There was not near the volume of auction items as at Dowagic 1 and 2, but some very nice Hardys, an early Allcock in a unquie original metal box, 2 saltwater Fin-Nor flyreels just to wet your whistle on some of the nicer items.

Please again, if you got some pictures, post them here on Reel Talk when you get home. Bill.
reelland44
Frequent Board Poster

Report 3

Post by reelland44 »

I talked again to Brooks yesterday after he got home and he was feeling even better, still weak, but glad to be home.

We all hope you keep improving fast Brooks.

Sincerely,
Your ORCAn friends.