Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:55 pm 
Star Board Poster
Jon Kring. Currently O.R.C.A. Librarian for the past year. ORCA member since 2006. Have in the neighborhood of 700 reels. Mostly low end casting and fly reels. Probably have 75 + rods some I fish with some collectible. Bought a rod wrapper before I retired five years ago and have made one rod and not very good at that. My youngest son Paul who lives in Tn. is also an ORCA member. Don't know how many people have asked me if The Old Reel Collectors is a bunch of old folks collecting reels. I usually say I guess that applies. Especially for me since I just turned 70. I have a 17ft aluminum runabout with a 40 hp. engine in my garage which hasn't been in the water for 2 years. A 2 1/2 car garage w no room for a car. Boat mower, snow blower, portable generator, 5 bikes (including a 3 wheeler, plenty of fishing stuff and 4 file cabinets of library materials .

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:08 pm 
Super Board Poster
Jon
Thank You for doing a Member Profile for the Face Book ORCA site. and thanks for everything else that you do to help support the club.
Dick

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:59 pm 
Advanced Board Poster
And on top of all that Jon you are an all around nice guy!

I wish my basement was that organized.

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:42 am 
Super Board Poster
Jon:

If your wife ever tells you to clean out the garage/basement, let me know first!

Nice collection.

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:12 am 
Reel Talk Member
Ultra Board Poster
Jon is, to use a word I seldom use since few guys meet the standards, a real gentleman. He is also a friend and an asset to our organization. Dang it Jon, get that boat out and go fishing. It wont get any easier as I can attest. You are still a youngster. Keep on keepin' on!

Bad Bob

PS Absurdly great collection! How DO you get in and out of the garage?

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:51 am 
Reel Talk Member
Frequent Board Poster
Jon,

WOW - I didn't know you had that much! GREAT. Is that the place you play your mouth harp?

Butch

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:35 pm 
Reel Talk Member
Advanced Board Poster
You need to open up a shop and museum. What a collection! Thank you for the photos and history. ORCA is grateful to have your knowledge and your generous spirit. Thanks also for your work as Librarian.

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:54 pm 
Super Board Poster
No Butch, usually play the harmonica in the basement. Bad Bob: It can be difficult getting in and out of the garage.. Thanks Dick and Bill and Betty and Bad Bob for your kind words. Wayne, if I ever had to clean out you'd have to get in line behind my son Paul. Hey Butch have you already had the Sept. Parade??

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:58 pm 
Reel Talk Member
Frequent Board Poster
What a room - a real man cave! I'm so impressed but how do you keep it so dang tidy? Is dusting an annual event or is it something that stops you getting the boat out? Any nice Swedish reels among your collection? Excellent pictures as well.

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:18 pm 
Super Board Poster
Stays fairly clean without too much effort. Good thing. Got one Danish reel I got from Jacob V. Don't think I have any Sweedish ones. Most of mine are low end reels. As you can see from the pics., alot of things beside reels out there.

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:53 pm 
Super Board Poster
One thing I have figured out from the member profiles, it's not who has the best reels, it's who posts the most pictures!!