Etiquette of buying or selling

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
omaley

Etiquette of buying or selling

Post by omaley »

:D Hi guys! I need some input on buying or selling reels through ORCA members. Recently i posted an email offering to buy Ingis reels and someone took offence when i mentioned that i've only bought reels in Ebay and at flea markets and that i was a bit worried about private sales.
When we are bombarded daily about internet scams it is only natural to be cautious and ask questions,right? I'd be interested in your personal exp. and how you handle these situations. Thank's! :?: :?:
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

I worry constantly about buying off these sites...paranoid...have been burned once in 6 years...for $35...off Ebay...not fishin folk...these are all great guyz and gals here...you can leave your wallet on the table around all of them...of course, we are a little worried about you :D
Harvey
Super Board Poster

Post by Harvey »

First, be sure and cover your own arsh in buying anything from somebody you don't know or have never had dealings with before. That isn't to say that they may be bad but be careful. As for people on here and the other message board, everyone of us know that a bad reputation will cause you more grief then an ingrown toenail. Honesty is first and formost. When I sell something to somebody I know, I never wait for payment before shipping and most people treat me the same when I am buying. If a problem does arise between us, we tend to work it out as gentelmen between us rather then broadcast it world wide as it usually is just a misunderstanding over words or condition etc.
We can all be friends and it isn't like trying to sell the Louisana Purchase!
Also when in doubt about a personal sale, ask others on this board (by personal e-mail or a post) about the seller. Just don'T slam someone before you know the truths. That same thing happened to a "Mr Bill" about his neglect in sending a paid for object. Truth was, he had passed away. Get my drift?
"H"
Ron Mc
Star Board Poster

Post by Ron Mc »

This is the most honest and generous group of folks you'll ever run across
SWIM JIG
Super Board Poster

to OMALEY ( guest)

Post by SWIM JIG »

:D :o :? 8) :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: OMALEY guest Why dont you join ORCA? cost is minimal the Mag. with its many pages of Factual imformation is PRICELESS ! As for our members, Ther isnt a one I wouldnt welcome to be my WING man in NAM! We do on ocasions desagree, have a lot of fun and education getting to the deciding factor,and enjoy ever bit of it, NO one gets (MAD) we do shows, and have reels worth a load of money on the tables, no one generaly picks up a reel without asking MAY I PICK IT UP? MOST of our members are very knowledgeble people and can tell you the real (REEL) story of how it was made when it was made where it was made and when changes were made. Several of our members have wrote athoriative books, Columns and web sites! We yes ALL of US take our Club to be one of the best world wide on REEL COLECTING, We have members from all over the GLOBE , As for a bad trade sale or purchase, its almost a unwritten law that if one of us act to decive we would be chastized for the world to see! We do indeed expose a bad seller on the bay and flea market sites, so please join ORCA and welcome to our ( REEL HOME) Col. milton Lorens aka SWIM JIG your OHIO conection or
omaley

etiquette# 2

Post by omaley »

Hi guys! Me again. My username is Tony Malatesta and i am a member but the site won't accept the name and i had to sign in with my nome de plume. :P :P :wink:
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Prudence is always good

Post by Brian F. »

Aloha Tony,

While the good words about those in the club and those who frequent here are true, there are always those that find the site and drop in from time to time to make a fast buck. In fact, you were probably lucky since most will use our help to get an ebay starting bid and split with the goods. Anyway, the suggestions are good, ask others, spend some time to get to know others and don't forget the basic rules for spending money on the internet!
cws/carl schultz
Advanced Board Poster

reel buys from real guys[and gals]

Post by cws/carl schultz »

i second all the opinions and add a few as milt said we attend shows and i could not tell you how many times someone has watched my table while i go eat/restroom/trade/etc even get stuff sold while gone and moneys waiting and do the same service for others any reel offered from this site and you dont know them just post it on board you will know in a hurry who to trust also you will eventualy see we buy and sell to each other [sometimes the same reel as tastes change] repeatedly and one black mark against you and your screwed so as milt said join orca and join in the fun
SWIM JIG
Super Board Poster

for Tony

Post by SWIM JIG »

:) :shock: :? 8) :oops: :!: :?: :idea: How about one of you Computor folks help Tony get on the site with his name? He says he is one of us so please get him singned in properly when it comes to thess (Contraptions I am as DUMB as a BOX of rusty reels! Tony welcome to us (REEL NUTS) Col. M Lorens aka SWIM JIG in another snowy night in OHIO