Need parts for a 1932 Hardy Bros Bouglé Reel

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
osz
Big ORCA Fan

Need parts for a 1932 Hardy Bros Bouglé Reel

Post by osz »

Any help is appreciated.
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Re: Need parts for a 1932 Hardy Bros Bouglé Reel

Post by Paul M »

I was wondering if the parts you need are standard and interchangeable with other more common Hardy reels of that age? So rather than trying to find something specific to the Bouglé maybe you should be describing the required part in terms of style and size. Looking at the Turner book, it shows handwritten pages of Hardy's production numbers. According to what I see, Hardy actually made zero Bouglé reels in 1932 and 1935 but did make some in years prior, between and later. The same book indicates a Bouglé design change to the MARK II style for the period 1923-1939. I believe the MARK II involved standardization of the common parts like the spring and check and maybe the regulator screw too. So is your reel marked "Duplicated MARK II"? That may have had 2 springs and 2 checks. Pics of the reel faceplate with model marks and the interior to show where the regulator screw and springs etc are supposed to sit would help speed up a response IMHO.
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
Nick in NY
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Need parts for a 1932 Hardy Bros Bouglé Reel

Post by Nick in NY »

Let me suggest contacting Hardy directly. About 30 years ago I had Hardy replace side plates on a Alma. Just an email away. Tight lines Nick
Wanted Ultra rare salt water reels including big game as well as unknown rare surf reels!