WTB Eagle Claw EC3 Spool(s) or complete reel with spool.

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
hkp7fan
Big ORCA Fan

WTB Eagle Claw EC3 Spool(s) or complete reel with spool.

Post by hkp7fan »

I have two Eagle Claw EC3 reels from the early 1970's that my dad and I used, and I want to use them with my son. I need one or more of the spools to replace a broken one and to have spares on hand. I also need a replacement side plate screw.

This reel has an astonishingly simply drag system with almost no moving parts and very few parts at all. But it relies on the sprocket on the spool being immobile. I think they must have been staked or stamped in place during manufacture, and one of mine now rotates freely, thus making the drag mechanism non-functional.

I want to keep using these reels for sentimental reasons, so I need to replace or repair this spool. If you have one of these old reels, in any condition, I'd be interested as long as the spool is in good shape.

Thanks for any assistance.
WeeKilt
Frequent Board Poster

Re: WTB Eagle Claw EC3 Spool(s) or complete reel with spool.

Post by WeeKilt »

Are these fly reels? I'm asking because there are two Eagle Claw fly reels in the box at the lake house. I'll be happy to look tomorrow when I am there to fish. Fly fishing is not my thing, so if I can pass them along to someone that can use them, ESPECIALLY if kids are involved, I'm all about that!

Tight lines,
Keith