WANTED: Taffy Reel

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
mykull73
Big ORCA Fan

WANTED: Taffy Reel

Post by mykull73 »

Had a guy ask me if I have ever came across a reel pronounced Taffy Reel (Might not be spelled that way.) I don't think I have ever heard of one before, but I have forgotten a lot too. I told him about this site and Joe's. But in case he doesn't post on either I thought I would ask.

The story he told me is that this was only produced one or two years. His father in law invented the reel. His wife has all the legal paperwork and patents, drawings and so on.

But with life after her father passed away and things went here and there and families fought and moved and so on and so forth. She lost the prototype and the actually reel itself.

Heart broken for years this is all she ever asked for every birthday, Christmas and anniversary. She wants one to complete the collection.

The family was from the Pennsylvania area of the country so I assume that is where they were made.

So if anyone has one for sale PLEASE let me know, and I will pass the information along.

Thanks to all.
Steve
Star Board Poster

Re: WANTED: Taffy Reel

Post by Steve »

Please check your private email. I can send a copy of an old article I wrote with the family's help.

Steve Vernon
ORCA Honorary member

Book: ANTIQUE FISHING REELS, 2nd Ed.
Websites:
Antique Fishing Reels
Kopf reels
Hendrick reels

"Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose."