Barter: Rubber reel re-fresh for new first-time paid membership

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Barter: Rubber reel re-fresh for new first-time paid membership

Post by Paul M »

I am offering to barter my antique rubber reel re-fresh labour on one reel for anyone that joins ORCA for the first time as a paid member. Let me see the reel (pictures) and if I agree to try and restore it, you would send it to me and cover return postage and any necessary parts. You would agree to buy your first-ever one year ORCA membership and when you prove payment was made to ORCA, you will get the refreshed reel back.

So, you would get my reel cleaning/rubber polishing labour and minor repairs in exchange for you becoming a paid ORCA member for the first time. If you have an old rubber sided reel that you haven't touched, this is a pretty fair trade IMHO.

This offer is open to non-members only, one reel per family, and subject to my acceptance. Please contact me by June 1 2017.

Examples of my work are posted in the Cleaning and Repair section of Reel Talk.
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
Reeltyme

Re: Barter: Rubber reel re-fresh for new first-time paid membership

Post by Reeltyme »

Hi Paul, Would you consider making this offer retroactive back to the beginning of the year? :lol: Maybe back to 2013?? :roll: How about a couple reels??
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

Reeltyme, I will take that as a compliment. Get a friend to join based on the criteria I set out above and give them one of your reels. :) I am not looking for crazy tough reels to resurrect. It is just to give genuine newcomers an incentive. I believe there are many frequent visitors to this website who have not yet joined ORCA, so here is their opportunity to get more out of becoming a paying member.

Paul M
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
Steve
Star Board Poster

Post by Steve »

Kudos, Paul, for your generous incentive to join the club! :bow:

Steve Vernon
ORCA Honorary member

Book: ANTIQUE FISHING REELS, 2nd Ed.
Websites:
Antique Fishing Reels
Kopf reels
Hendrick reels

"Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose."
spadej1
Advanced Board Poster

Post by spadej1 »

I guess I should have held out a little longer! Although I just received my copy of the cleaning and restoration book so I should work on things myself!
-James-
New to reel collecting so bear with me please. I like reel deals!
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

spadej1 wrote:I guess I should have held out a little longer! Although I just received my copy of the cleaning and restoration book so I should work on things myself!
Doing it yourself is so much more gratifying, at least after you get past the fear of going over the cliff! There is loads of help here. Just ask.

Paul M
Reeltyme

Post by Reeltyme »

Paul M wrote:Reeltyme, I will take that as a compliment. Get a friend to join based on the criteria I set out above and give them one of your reels. :) I am not looking for crazy tough reels to resurrect. It is just to give genuine newcomers an incentive. I believe there are many frequent visitors to this website who have not yet joined ORCA, so here is their opportunity to get more out of becoming a paying member.

Paul M
Paul, I have seen your work and believe it when I say, ANY new member joining up and taking advantage of your offer will make out like a fat rat! The reel they end up with will be more than worth the price of a membership! :bow: