Value - Zebco Gold Presentation Reel

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
Ray Hencken
Advanced Board Poster

Value - Zebco Gold Presentation Reel

Post by Ray Hencken »

Pictured below is a Gold Zebco Presentation Reel. From what I have gleaned from the internet, I believe that this is the first model of the Gold Presentation Reels. It sold for $50 in 1960 and could only be obtained by special order from a Zebco dealer. It has a slight bend in one knob on the crank and could use a polish but I will leave that to the new owner. I am an early fly reel collector and I would appreciate any input as to today's value.
Ray Hencken
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Value - Zebco Gold Presentation Reel

Post by Ray Hencken »

Reel is sold.
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Post by wrong99 »

So, what was the value?
Mark
Ray Hencken
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Ray Hencken »

I will let the buyer decide if he wants to post what he paid for the reel. He is a member of this board.
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Post by wrong99 »

Whatever.
sdlehr
Advanced Board Poster

Post by sdlehr »

I hope it was more than $492.53, which is the 2017 value of what would have been $50 in 1960.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Ray Hencken
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Ray Hencken »

If it were mint in the box with the paperwork, etc. perhaps but the reel was not mint, there was no box or paperwork. If the buyer got a good deal, good for him. I am satisfied with the selling price.
Dick Braun,that-zebco-guy
Super Board Poster

Post by Dick Braun,that-zebco-guy »

The Buyer feels that he got a very fair deal on the reel and it was added to his Zebco Collection. I am the new owner of the Zebco Presentation Reel. That-Zebco-Guy, Dick Braun.
That-Zebco-Guy the one who collects the bullet proof closed face reels. Joined ORCA Oct. 2003, Past VP. Need to ask a question: call me 1-941-639-8330 home, 941-661-7187 cell, EST.
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Post by wrong99 »

I've just never understood the "secrecy" surrounding sales figures for certain transactions. Whether it be rare reels, or anything else. If you don't want to divulge the sales price, then don't divulge publicly that there was a sale in the first place.
Mark
Dick Braun,that-zebco-guy
Super Board Poster

Post by Dick Braun,that-zebco-guy »

A little story, when our kids were growing up no matter what we bought they always wanted to know how much we paid for this or that, it could be a birthday present or a new used car, on birthday cards we would scratch out what the real price was and write in the following. The answer no mater what the item was the price paid was always $87.50, so there you go.
That-Zebco-Guy the one who collects the bullet proof closed face reels. Joined ORCA Oct. 2003, Past VP. Need to ask a question: call me 1-941-639-8330 home, 941-661-7187 cell, EST.
clinton_beeler
Advanced Board Poster

Post by clinton_beeler »

What a beautiful reel! Never polish gold. It's thin and soft and comes right off. I've never seen Zebco in script. That part was engraved at a jewelry store. I doubt that we will ever see another of these. Well done Dick!