a couple easy requests! Bache-Brown handle and Pflueger Akron!

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
john elder
Star Board Poster

a couple easy requests! Bache-Brown handle and Pflueger Akron!

Post by john elder »

hi, a friend has a Bache-Brown reel missing the handle so I thought I would put out a feeler to someone with a parts reel...I have one, but guess what's missing!

Also, I was contacted by someone looking for a Pflueger Akron with "slotted screws" holding the foot. Not sure what vintage that is...most are probably phillips that come through. I got nuthin'!

Thanks in advance for your help!
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
spadej1
Advanced Board Poster

Re: a couple easy requests! Bache-Brown handle and Pflueger Akron!

Post by spadej1 »

John, which Bache Brown handle are you looking for? I might be able to help. Of course, I assume it's one of the early and easily broken ones in which case I could use one or two myself!
-James-
New to reel collecting so bear with me please. I like reel deals!
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

I was afraid you'd ask that! I'll go see if I can get the pic to post.thx!
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

It be this one!

Not sure of model # but will ask!
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

spadej1
Advanced Board Poster

Post by spadej1 »

I recognized the flat fork handle but had to check Bob Halver's book to be sure of the model. It seems like a Model 2 Spinster and I think the Model 2b Mastereel had the same handle. They were only used for one year because they were probably prone to breakage, which is likely why your friends is missing. I have a few parts reels but not of this model.
-James-
New to reel collecting so bear with me please. I like reel deals!